Read books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: What song are you listening to

The Squeaky Toy in the Night. Kerosene's Avatar
    Pencil Pimp by Seplcure
    Don't Fear Failure.

"Look at the sound of all these people on fire. I want to be on fire, do you want to be on fire?" -- Most Roads Lead to Home, Listener.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

Open Your Heart by The Men

Easily one of the best songs of the year. Ex-Dreams is also phenominal from the same album.
    Don't Fear Failure.

"Look at the sound of all these people on fire. I want to be on fire, do you want to be on fire?" -- Most Roads Lead to Home, Listener.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

it's not personal Blinkk, but I came here to log the music I'm listening to as part of my daily regimen of self-flagellation, when I noticed how it was again synchronous with your afternoon's post.

Jack Haley/Ray Bolger - If I Only Had a Brain

Nothing It Can by Helios

Keith Kenniff is spectacular. Foley, you like Sigur Ros, you might like this.
    Don't Fear Failure.

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred Chris P's Avatar
    Fleetwood Mac - Wish you were here.

Awesome song, love Kristine McVie's voice!
    Take the 2016 Reading Challenge! Post your challenge choices and discuss your progress. Never too late to start.

From SOULLESS:
    “Hank,” I said. “Seriously. Get yourself a crap pair. We’ll come back and do it another day, I promise.”
    “Nope.” He stood up, shoes in hand. “You turds ready?”
    “You’re a real idiot, Hank,” I said.
    “You’re just finding that out?” He grunted as he heaved his Nike’s into the tree. They caught on a branch maybe four feet below the red ones.
    “Well congratulations, dumb ass,” I said, getting up. “You just wasted of a great pair of shoes.”
    Eric walked over to Hank and patted him on the shoulder. “Don’t listen to him, Henry,” he said. “Now you’ll live forever.”

My li'l blog:
    /persistence-2/

The Pimp and the Priest by The Dear Hunter, live acoustic from Vinyl Sessions
    Don't Fear Failure.

Not sure if I've posted any Recoil before - Alan Wilder ex. Depeche Mode, too many words for writing, but I'm on a break [I'M ALLOWED BREAKS, RIGHT!! SHEESH]:

Recoil - Luscious apparatus

Pig by DMB
    Don't Fear Failure.

Map of the Problematic - Muse

practical experience, FTW
    San Quentin - Johnny Cash
    "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight" - Johnny Cash.

Monday Morning by Morning Parade

Meh. A low meh (that's a scientific music rating figure people!) This album doesn't really thresh any emotion, nor does it entertain much. Right now, it's just noise.
    Don't Fear Failure.

woops, scratch all of that, Derbys. was not this: heh! Time for a nap, fole.

Chromabox - Little Ants
    Last edited by Foley; 11-15-2012 at 02:14 AM.

For I am a Rain Dog too LJ Hall's Avatar
    Dear God, I Hate Myself by Xiu Xiu

It's actually quite soothing.

Building Steam with a Grain of Salt by DJ Shadow

On of the greatest albums to rear up. One of the greatest hip hop/instrumental albums ever.

Too bad he could never hit this hard ever since.
    Don't Fear Failure.

This hasn't been bumped in forever!

3055 by Ólafur Arnalds

Absolutely phenomenal composer/producer.
    Don't Fear Failure.

From SOULLESS:
    “Hank,” I said. “Seriously. Get yourself a crap pair. We’ll come back and do it another day, I promise.”
    “You’re just finding that out?” He grunted as he heaved his Nike’s into the tree. They caught on a branch maybe four feet below the red ones.
    “Well congratulations, dumb ass,” I said, getting up. “You just wasted of a great pair of shoes.”
    Eric walked over to Hank and patted him on the shoulder. “Don’t listen to him, Henry,” he said. “Now you’ll live forever.”

My li'l blog:
    /persistence-2/

kk-bee buzzes.

Here I've just passed NaNo halfway, so it's time for a little Motör:

OVERKILL!

Perfect, Foley, how did you know?
    From SOULLESS:

My li'l blog:
    /persistence-2/

Fleetwood Mac - Wish you were here.

Awesome song, love Kristine McVie's voice!
    Me too : ) Love her.

For me tonight . . . Neil Young: On the Beach—whole album
    Wip: Love and Lust at the Dairy Stop Café

blog & twitter

Spiritual by Johnny Cash
    Don't Fear Failure.

practical experience, FTW
    "Gingerbread Coffin" - Rasputina

The Black Eyed Peas suck so much.

And I don't claim to have the best taste in music. I mean, I listen to a lot of Rhianna for chrissake. But this:

My Humps. The Time (Dirty Bit). Imma Be.

Seriously. Horrible. Almost as bad as that horrible fluff of a song *cringes* Call Me Maybe.

My Humps. Who the fucking hell thought that was a good idea?

Oh, yeah. People actually liked Milkshake and Laffy Taffy. Those people.

I just finished listening to those three songs and I'll say this -- I'm so glad their contemporaries -- The Roots and Outkast -- did not follow that path. The Fugees were close, but Lauren broke off from the disaster that would become Wyclef and The Refugee Allstars.

Page 334 of 412 FirstFirst ... 84234259284309324328329330331332333334335336337338339340344359384409 ... LastLast