What song are you listening to

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Tony Montana By Future

This is my son's cleaning up music. Please pray for my ears and holy soul because this mess is clearly the soundtrack of the Apocalypse.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Vipassana by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

Excerpt:

I use my veins to create the color I paint from,
delve into something until my heart becomes my paint brush.

This is one of the greatest hip hop albums, I've ever listened to. I live a very select amount of rap/hip hop and this EP is right on the top. Macklemore is a decent rapper, Ryan Lewis is a decent beat maker, put them together and its glorious.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Cigarettes and Chocolate by Chet Faker.

Do you like James Blake? Wish for more funk and vocals? Here you are.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Go Do by Jonsi

I love Sigur Ros, their one of my favorite bands. Jonsi is the singer/front man, but I feel his music doesn't have the same energetic, powerful feeling that Sigur Ros's stuff has.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Sigur Ros are excellent to write to, I don't usually like writing to music with words I can understand!

About, I'd say 30% of Sigur Ros's lyrics are in Vonlenska, so even they don't know what they're singing. Take () for example, it's all in Vonlenska.

Crocodile Tears by Billy Woods

If you like old-fashioned Rap, not the new crap that's coming out, check this guy out.
He wrote a 1 hour 14 minute long album, about the troubles of life, politics and situations around him.
This man does not repeat chorus, over and over again to fill time. He does not talk about his bitches, money and people trying to kill him.
This man cuts the crap and raps, final.

That said, he's not too good. He's good, yes. But he has a lot of room to improve, which is always good.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, my Vonlenska is a little rusty these days

Listening to foreign languages is like listening to a instrument. Sure, you can try and tell what they're saying, but on some rare cases (like Sigur Ros), it really doesn't matter. () was a example of that. It has no lyrics and presses the listener to create their own meaning and representations.

The Dead Don't Starve by The Dear Hunter

Foley

ever decreasing circles
Registered
Reaction score
That's right: I remember spending most of a day on an almost deserted Thai beach listening to the fruit vendors chatting - I didn't understand a single word, but it sounded like they were jamming with the soft waves.

Antony And The Johnsons - Here Comes The Sun

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Take it Easy by Jackson Browne

I just visited Goodwill, where I found the majority of his discography on vinyl, in near mint condition, all the early albums and For Everyman is one of my favorite album and I've been wishing to have it on vinyl.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Rowboat by Johnny Cash

Take a obscure Beck song, have Johnny Cash play it, absolute magic.