What song are you listening to

Droemar

Writer's Heart, Editor's Mouth
Registered
Reaction score
Florence and the Machine - Howl
(All you paranormal romance writers out there can eat your hearts out to this one.)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
My Chemical Romance - Danger Days (album).

I loved their first 2 albums, but this new one... meh. It doesn't even sound like them. I've been trying to put my finger on what exactly is different, and all I've come up with is "pop"y guitar work, and all the songs seeming to just blend into each other. There's no real hook between individual songs... the album has a hook, sure, (one I don't particularly care for) but the songs all sound too similar to me.

Either the whole band had a sudden change of heart over what style of music they wanted to make, or they just lost their muse at a critical time.

NOTE: All the above is simply my opinion. I'm hoping this new album grows on me, because I've loved My Chemical Romance for a long time. Now I think I'll have to post a link to their song Helena off the Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge album to remind myself why I became a fan of theirs in the first place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSNKCfxcYvE

Warning: Gothic/Emo imagery. (Which is why I love it. ;) That and it's a great song, IMO.)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I bought Madonna's Erotica album the other day. Unfortunately it plays quieter on my computer than any of my other ripped albums. So in my Winamp mix, which has been playing overnight recently, I have a lot of good music that plays at the same volume (just loud enough to hear the words, not so loud that I can't fall asleep) and then Madonna at "not loud enough to hear". Dang it.

But I do love the song "Erotica". :)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Slow Down Train - Pig in a Can