Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: WingSpan Publishing, Inc. / WingSpan Press

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

WingSpan Publishing, Inc. / WingSpan Press

Anybody used this POD company or heard any feedback about it?

Thanks,
    dkvet

Thumbs up Wingspan Press

My co-author and I just recently published with Wingspan Press. I am a PA casualty from many years ago, and as you can imagine, I investigated POD companies VERY carefully before choosing one. So far, so good. Our book has gotten good reviews...

Smile WingSpan Press

This is to report my happy experience with WingSpan Press. WingSpan Press gave me all I could hope for: (1) Up-front about services and charges–no unpleasant surprises. (2) Answered questions clearly and promptly–often the same day. (3) Patient and flexible in working with me on covers, proofreading, and style. (4) Produced a quality book. (5) Prompt in getting books listed by online bookstores. (6) Allows authors to purchase books for themselves or third parties for 33% of the suggested list price. (7) Always pleasant to work with. David Collins made me feel like I was his only client. Their website is www.WingSpanPress.com.
    Milton Crum
    Evil, Anger, and God: a Biblical Pastoral Study
    ISBN 978-1-59594-242-5
    www.barnesandnoble.com

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence Don Allen's Avatar
    SPAM.....

Actually I think Mr. Allen is just being overly cynical. I also worked with Wingspan and had no problems with them at all. They produced a good quality book for me. Maybe Mr. Crum just hasn't been as disappointed by his life as Mr. Allen has.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    If you want to ad to this press's reputation, snide ad hom attacks are not the way to go.
    Emily Veinglory

Tell it like it Is Susan Littlefield's Avatar
    However, checking them out at Preditors and Editors is the way to go. http://pred-ed.com/pebw.htm
    Susan

Please visit my website: http://www.susanlittlefield.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dkvet View Post
    Anybody used this POD company or heard any feedback about it?

Thanks,
    dkvet
    I published my book My Friend Nick the Greek: Life in Las Vegas in the '50s with WingSpan. David Collins is the writers' contact person there. There are plusses and minuses. David is very helpful throughout the planning process, although he is short tempered at times. I was very pleased with the book's finished product. It looked great, nice cover. Quite frankly, their accounting department is a mess. Authors are supposed to view sales reports monthly on the WingSpan website. But months go by and figures are not posted. They are supposed to mail checks when $50.00 or more is accrued. I only got one small check in two years and when I complained I got a check for over $150.00. So payments were not being made promptly either. When I complained, David Collins got very nasty. I would not publish with them again. And read the contract: you have to pay $40.00 every two years or they stop publishing your book. Since most of these type businesses are untrustworthy, I would go to BookLocker with my new book (about saving senior strays) as I believe Angela Hoy knows her business and is on the level.

Again, my experience was different. My sales reports have always been prompt enough and nobody's ever been less than friendly to me. Sometimes people are disappointed when their books don't sell and they forget who's to blame for that.

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonplay View Post
    Again, my experience was different. My sales reports have always been prompt enough and nobody's ever been less than friendly to me. Sometimes people are disappointed when their books don't sell and they forget who's to blame for that.
    dannyboy10 complained about WingSpan's accounting department, not poor sales.

The cake is a lie. But still cake. shaldna's Avatar
    It's always a warning sign when lots of new accounts open up just for the specific purpose of posting on a new thread about a new publisher.....
    TORCHWOOD - where the slash is canon

Yes, I read Twilight. Yes, I hate it. No, I don't have to give you a reason why.

Here be snark : www.clairewriteswords.wordpress.com