• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Creative Book Publishers

Cindyh2k

Registered
Reaction score
The site doesn't even look professional - I would stay away.

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Well, some red flags, even for a self-publishing operation: spelling mistakes on the website, lack of information about the books in their online bookstore besides title and image of the cover (except for the one "chapter excerpt" that amounts to 2 poems from a book of poetry), "free information" about publishing that is nothing more than links to other sites.

I haven't looked into self-publishing myself, but this doesn't look like one of the more solid options, from what I've learned on AW. I'm sure you'll hear from others.

Good luck.

Susan

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
Run far away and don't look back! I'm desparte to get published, but not that badly!:ROFL:

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
I and my associates, Bad Tony and Snake-Eyes, will be pleased to offer those same services for a fraction of the price and throw in a free knee-capping!

GMen3.jpg

Last edited:

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
It is my great good fortune to know Bad Tony, but his companion ain't Snake-Eye Louie. Dat is definite Guido, the Ball-Buster Maldonado.He used to be Guido, the Knee-capper, but he gave up the disciplinary practice when he read in the New England Journal of of Professional Leg-Breaking how pointless new prosthetic knees made the ancient art of knee-capping. Prosthetic testicles are nowhere near so effective.

Regards,
Scott

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
That should be on a t-shirt.

And that website reminded me of those 419 scam letters from Nigeria.

Hee. I watched a Dateline special over the weekend (To Catch a Con Man, I think) where they were scam-bating a lot of those 419 Nigerian scammers. Absolutely CRACKED ME UP that the scammers didn't get suspicious over the fake names the Dateline reporter used to interact with them. Jimmy Dimoni (say that outloud 5 times fast) and (can't remember the exact first name) Paul Greenbacks. Then again, there IS a language barrier there.

Just a shame that these scummy scammers manage to take in so many of the unsuspecting...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
If Amazon's any indication, they haven't published anything new since 2007.