• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] The Fiction Works

Chicken Warrior

Ahead of Your Time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenebooks.com
I was very surprised, but I couldn't find anything on this publisher, even in the index. Please excuse me if I've missed something!

They've been around for a while. They look POD, also have ebooks on fictionwise. They are a member of EPIC. They are currently closed to submissions, but they look decent. I don't think all their books are available in paperback, which leads me to believe there might be an author fee. Unfortunately, they're guidelines are down, at present, since they aren't accepting.

Anyone have experience with them?

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I was very surprised, but I couldn't find anything on this publisher, even in the index. Please excuse me if I've missed something!

They've been around for a while. They look POD, also have ebooks on fictionwise. They are a member of EPIC. They are currently closed to submissions, but they look decent. I don't think all their books are available in paperback, which leads me to believe there might be an author fee. Unfortunately, they're guidelines are down, at present, since they aren't accepting.

Anyone have experience with them?

Not taking submissions is a good sign. It probably means that they are selective, and thus they are very unlikely to be a vanity press in disguise.

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
I heard good things about them, but it was quite a few years ago. Ray Hoy, the owner (or at least he was back then) had a very good reputation as a small press publisher.

Nattering Nabob

Registered
Reaction score
Nattering Nabob

Hi!

Has anyone heard about or worked with The Fiction Works, Ray Hoy or Misty Mountain Productions?

I'm thinking about submitting my novel to them, but I don't see much here or on the web.

Anything will help.

Nat