Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] The Fiction Works

Ahead of Your Time Chicken Warrior's Avatar

[Publisher] The Fiction Works

I was very surprised, but I couldn't find anything on this publisher, even in the index. Please excuse me if I've missed something!

They've been around for a while. They look POD, also have ebooks on fictionwise. They are a member of EPIC. They are currently closed to submissions, but they look decent. I don't think all their books are available in paperback, which leads me to believe there might be an author fee. Unfortunately, they're guidelines are down, at present, since they aren't accepting.

Anyone have experience with them?

They seem like an okay small e-book publisher that prints trades via POD. Firsm like Chippewa do the same. Looks ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Warrior View Post
    I was very surprised, but I couldn't find anything on this publisher, even in the index. Please excuse me if I've missed something!

They've been around for a while. They look POD, also have ebooks on fictionwise. They are a member of EPIC. They are currently closed to submissions, but they look decent. I don't think all their books are available in paperback, which leads me to believe there might be an author fee. Unfortunately, they're guidelines are down, at present, since they aren't accepting.

Anyone have experience with them?
    Not taking submissions is a good sign. It probably means that they are selective, and thus they are very unlikely to be a vanity press in disguise.

I heard good things about them, but it was quite a few years ago. Ray Hoy, the owner (or at least he was back then) had a very good reputation as a small press publisher.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Nattering Nabob

Hi!

Has anyone heard about or worked with The Fiction Works, Ray Hoy or Misty Mountain Productions?

I'm thinking about submitting my novel to them, but I don't see much here or on the web.

Anything will help.

Nat