• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tinyhorn Press

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
This tinyhorn train-wreck-in-the-making is better than a Tex Avery cartoon. And that's saying something...

Only Tex Avery? This is like a Warner Brothers and Tex Avery catoon combined! Wonder when the Road Runner shows up?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My browser shows the blonde as having disappeared, and all I get is a red page with "Tinyhorn P.F.P to come.!"

Presumably sometime in future we'll be seeing a thread on B&B about P F Publishing or P F Press.

And Victoria -- holy cow, you are *gorgeous*!

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
Awww...it looks like they took their ball and went home. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Curiouser and curiouser. A fellow’s profile as of 4/12/07…

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...d=100205185+tinyhorn&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

CURRENT OCCUPATION: Publisher for Tinyhorn.com - looking to talk Adrian Curry into writing a book with me as her publisher. I can dream - right? I Think she's a great writer.

MOST "HUMBLING" MOMENT: <snipped> The book 'The bobby report' to be released this summer explains this social experiment gone wrong. Check www.tinyhorn.com this summer. I might be the most famous, unfamous person you'll ever meet.

...and as of 4/23/07:

http://nowlive.com/member.asp?id=100205185

CURRENT OCCUPATION: I was an assistant to a book publisher, but was fired earlier today, …

MOST "HUMBLING" MOMENT: <snipped> Book to follow. (Never mind my publisher just fired me.)

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
No doubt they will be starting up under a new name as previously alluded to. After all, this thread would have googled better than their own site.
Of course, like most other companies that do this, they will be found out quickly because of similar wording and web design, site ownership, etc. ;)

p.s. PFP?
Petty Friggin' Publisher? I'm sure we can all think of others. (I already have, but I'm leaving the obvious ones for you. ;))

dabsinfiction

Registered
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, any publisher who says, "We only accept manuscripts from agents," should pay advances worth something. As far a $10per page for editing. . . Well, let's just say this. If they were a gas station and that was the price of their gas, they would be investigated for price gouging.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
They don't have a site anymore, either.

Another one bites the dust...

Bo Sullivan

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
"Tinyhorn is a newly launched royalty publisher who truly cares about its authors, without them we would cease to exist. We'd like to earn their respect by conducting our business in an honest, ethical manner. We have absolutely no interest in exploiting authors through ambiguous contract clauses, or siphoning their much deserved earnings in any way. Authors publishing with Tinyhorn will receive all royalties owed to them, and be treated with respect by our staff at all times."

If Tinyhorn had the above motto to display on their website, (assuming they have now disappeared), why did they cancel an author's contract immediately they received criticism? Criticism is everywhere connected to writers, their writing and the world of publishing and in most of the industries connected to the Arts. Writers have to be strong in their own beliefs, but above all they have to believe in their publishers.

Tinyhorn is obviously not ready to become a publisher, otherwise they would put some weight behind their motto and turn it into reality.

B.

BarbJ

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this, Uncle Jim. I missed it first time around, and it's got to go on the list of classics.:D