• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Aimee Entertainment Agency

Doogie

Anyone know anything about this company? I got a request from them, but they look more like acting than writing.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.aimeeentertainment.com/agency.htm

It does look more of a theatrical agency. Why did they send you a request? I'm asking because I've read on these boards that some unsavoury people have been contacting writers. Not that I'm saying Aimee is one of those.

Mystic Blossom

My heart's a battleground
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rachellieberman.wordpress.com
Some agencies may specialize in one thing, but that doesn't mean they won't accept another. I know nothing about this agency, but as long as no one else has heard bad things about them, I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead and send it. As long as they're reputable, you have nothing to lose. And you might have a better chance with them, since if they normally don't represent books and they requested yours, you must have really caught their eye.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
And you might have a better chance with them, since if they normally don't represent books and they requested yours, you must have really caught their eye.
Problem is, if they don't normally represent books, they may not have the knowledge and contacts that are needed to sell books. In any normal business transaction, you look for people who have relevant professional experience and expertise. It's no different for agents.

I don't see any evidence of book sales here.

- Victoria

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
And you might have a better chance with them, since if they normally don't represent books and they requested yours, you must have really caught their eye.

It doesn't matter whether an agency is a scam agency or not, if they have no book sales. Check them out, find out if they have book sales. If they don't, then treat them like any other agency that has no record of book sales - as doubtful at best.