Revisiting the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Morgan

Registered
Reaction score
I opened my drawer today and tucked away in a little envelope
is a rejection slip I received years ago. I've kept it since and looked at it for nostalgia reasons.

I do plan to eventually get that same book published elsewhere, and then when that occurs, I will frame this rejection slip and hang it appropriately on the wall.

It reads--

Dear Author:

Thank you for giving us the chance to read your submission. We are sorry to say that we don’t feel it is right for us at this time.

Due to the volume of material we receive, we are unable to reply individually to each author. However, please be assured that your work was given a careful evaluation.

We wish you the best of luck with your writing career; thank you again for thinking of us.

Sincerely,

The Editor

Scrawler

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Amazing-- I got 7 rejections with exactly the same wording!

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
That's pretty standard. Don't know if it's worth framing when you do sell the novel. I would think you'd be better oiff framing the acceptance letter.

I save all my acceptances from the last 15 years. I don't have much use for rejections.

Captain Morgan

Registered
Reaction score
Well, this was my FIRST official rejection slip, so that makes this all the more important :p

Actually, that slip came from TOR and since then I have refused to purchase any more of their books as well!

I have one here also from Knopf which reads--

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to read your work. We have read your submission and are sorry to inform you that it is not a likely prospect for Knopf.

We regret that due to the many submissions we receive it is impossible to offer individual comment.

Nevertheless, thank you for considering Knopf and we wish you good luck with another publisher.

Sincerely, The Editors

Mystic Blossom

My heart's a battleground
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rachellieberman.wordpress.com
I have my first rejection letter...somewhere. Can't remember XD I used to keep it in my old computer bag, but I don't use that computer anymore, so I have no idea where it is now. I don't know if I'd want to frame that one, since it was so bleak and pretty much negated any chance I'd ever have with that agent. If I did want to frame a rejection letter, it would probably be one of the more promising ones. Hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.