• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

FinePrint Literary Management

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Got a kind reject on my full. She said she really enjoyed my pitch, story and writing, but the things she was drawn to most were the things that would make it a hard sell to mainstream publishers.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the rejections but glad to see some movement here. She has my partial, which is also YA, but I noticed recently she said she's jonesing for a good romance (paranormal I think). That's not exactly mine (or close to) but thought it might help out others here.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
You're so welcome, moorockmomma and MysteryScribe! Thanks for hopping over to check it out.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Got my first-ever partial request from Heather. So psyched. From the interview and her Twitter, she seems awesome.

Super fast, too--I queried in the wee hours of the morning (gotta stop doing that) and had the request this afternoon.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Just realized I never posted my stat in here. Sent query to Janet Reid on 9/29, received full request 10/14, and rejection on 11/14. Enjoyed it, but not right for her list. Handled by her assistant.

Ghanima

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Sent query to Janet on 16th, got full request today; so psyched...and while Janet's assistant, Meredith is handling it, she's a dream to communicate with :)

Ghanima

KingM

Registered
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
I know Janet Reid has a strong personality that works better for some people than for others, but I think the world of her. You know she's engaged and that she has a real passion for what she's doing. If she offers representation you'll never doubt her commitment.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meredith is unbelievably amazing.

I've met Meredith. She's warm and engaging, and comes across as endlessly fascinated by whoever she's talking to, not to mention passionately tuned in to the needs and tastes of her boss. I think she's one of the most pleasant people I've ever met.

Sleigh88

;)
Registered
Reaction score
Ah! Full request from Suzie! She's so awesome! :)

EQ and request 1/5

buckeyegirl

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Suzie (YA urban fantasy): 1/5
Full Request: 1/5

Yay! I hope she likes it *keeping fingers crossed* :D

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
I queried Suzie yesterday; she passed but suggested I query another agent at FP. Said agent is currently closed to queries, though, so I'm not sure if I need to wait or if her rec means it's all right to send anyway.

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
Typically if an agent is "closed to queries" it's usually with the exception of referrals and conference attenders. I'd probably query and put "referral' in the subject line.

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Suzie yesterday; she passed but suggested I query another agent at FP. Said agent is currently closed to queries, though, so I'm not sure if I need to wait or if her rec means it's all right to send anyway.

The first sentence in your query should be that Suzie suggested you query her, and as rebobinar said, I'd put referral in subject line.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Just got a very simple--what I'd consider a form reject from Heather Evens this morning off a partial she had of mine.
Dissapointing, but I haven't lost hope yet.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Just got a very simple--what I'd consider a form reject from Heather Evens this morning off a partial she had of mine.
Dissapointing, but I haven't lost hope yet.

Mind if I ask when you sent the partial? Just curious about where she is in the pile.

Thanks! and sorry to hear about the form, sigh.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Mind if I ask when you sent the partial? Just curious about where she is in the pile.

Thanks! and sorry to hear about the form, sigh.

I queried Heather Evans on the 22nd of November. She got back to me two days later (the 24) and requested to see the first 50 pages of my manuscript.

I sent the requested materials that day (November 24th)