• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

FinePrint Literary Management

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
Well, I know it's not *my* humorous YA because she rejected it. It's ok, though, I so adore Janet Reid, I think I'd be a little tiny bit sad to be at the same agency and not repped by her. I know that's ludicrous, but there it is. (She isn't taking on YA)

angelfrancis

I got this!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Just because I don't know if I've said it lately (or at all??)--I'm repped by Brendan Deneen. He is a saint. That is all.

He seems that way. I have a quick question for you. He requested a full back in October, how long should I wait before giving a little nudge. Granted it's only been 3 months, and it usually takes a while, just wondering!

Thanks!

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Hey!

Generally I nudged agents after three months. I thiiiink Brendan took about two months to read my full.

He's known for being pretty slow to read requested material, unfortunately. But I think you're well in your rights to send him an email at this point. Good luck!

AlterEgox5

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abooksellerblog.blogspot.com
I queried Brendan Deneen back in November, but I originally wanted to query Colleen. I didn't know when (if ever) she would accept queries again. But I haven't heard from Brendan and now Colleen's open - it's been mentioned a few times that submitting to multiple agents at FinePrint is fine. Is that really true? Or is that just if the first agent passes on it? I mean, Brendan hasn't technically said "No," sooo.....?

Last edited:

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
It's generally considered poor publishing manners to query more than one agent at an agency at the same time, unless the agency specifically says it's okay. Janet Reid, who has stated it's all right to query multiple agents at Fineprint, also mentioned the preference to only query one at a time.

angelfrancis

I got this!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Brendan asked for my full right away, I guess he's slower with requests. If he didn't request, i'd say you're in the clear to query Colleen.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew about the no-multiple-agent-querying deal, which is why I was a bit uncertain by their "It's fine" approach. I'll give Brendan a few more days and then follow up.

...I hate following up. :(

Brendan asked for my full right away, I guess he's slower with requests. If he didn't request, i'd say you're in the clear to query Colleen.
As far as I know, Brendan replies to all queries but he can take a while. He took 5 months to request a partial from me. But it was worth the wait. :D

Be patient. It's a slooow business.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
How long should one wait in general to query another agent from the same agency - that is if the agency doesn't list any specific rules on the subject?

btw ink I read your publishing story on your blog - it's totally incredible! Man this isn't just a slow business, it's a topsy turvy one too. You never know what's gonna happen...

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
Roly, I'm not sure if this is acceptable as such, but I queried an agent at fineprint and got a reject and then queried another the next day and got a partial request...

AlterEgox5

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abooksellerblog.blogspot.com
As far as I know, Brendan replies to all queries but he can take a while. He took 5 months to request a partial from me. But it was worth the wait. :D

Be patient. It's a slooow business.
*headdesk*

The worst of all this is that...I knooooow. =] I have it in my brain that eventually Brendan will finally reply, he'll say no, and by then Colleen will be done with queries for another long while.

I need a hobby to get my mind off this stuff, haha.

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the request, Inkspatters, and good luck! This agency is top-notch, and I too hope to get an offer of representation from them.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
jsyk, Colleen mentioned in a chat the other day that it's not okay to query two FP agents at the same time.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Woot got a partial request today from an agent here!!

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
bclement412,
Congrats on the request, and good luck!!!

susangpyp

Registered
Reaction score
....Anyone else have a MS out to Diane Freed? She requested mine about a week ago so now is the waiting period. She seems very nice. . . anyone else with personal experience with her?

Diane became my agent when one of the other FP agents passed my query to her. She sent me an email introducing herself and asked if we could talk on the phone. When we did, we clicked right away. At the time I had an offer from another agent and was waiting on another who said she was really interested. But when I spoke to Diane we clicked, and I signed with FP. It was a wise decision. She's really a lovely person and a great agent.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
*headdesk*

The worst of all this is that...I knooooow. =] I have it in my brain that eventually Brendan will finally reply, he'll say no, and by then Colleen will be done with queries for another long while.

I need a hobby to get my mind off this stuff, haha.

Brendan replied yesterday (rejection) to my 8/25 query--so he does reply!

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Brendan in March and got a request for a full in September. Now I'm waiting for a response.

Lindzy1954

Chi-Town Scribbler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tiptoe-kisses.blogspot.com
Diane became my agent when one of the other FP agents passed my query to her. She sent me an email introducing herself and asked if we could talk on the phone. When we did, we clicked right away. At the time I had an offer from another agent and was waiting on another who said she was really interested. But when I spoke to Diane we clicked, and I signed with FP. It was a wise decision. She's really a lovely person and a great agent.

Susan, thanks for this feedback. Diane and I exchanged e-mails last week (she has my full) and she seems great. My book is a chapter book and I am hoping that she sees the same potential in my character that I do. What type of material is she representing for you?

susangpyp

Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck to you. She's represents my non-fiction/self-help in my sig. Again, best of luck!

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys--

I've been given the clear to reveal that Brendan Deneen is moving on to an editorial position at St. Martin's (yaaay Brendan) so he's not agenting anymore. (I'm now repped by Suzie Townsend, if anyone's curious. ;))

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that must be the reason he rejected my query. Can't possibly be another explanation!