• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

FinePrint Literary Management

Rikitikitavi

Registered
Reaction score
June Clark is my agent. She's very nice and always informative. Also, when Bank of America fouled up a 20,000 dollar royalty option payment from Paramount Pictures for my first book, Peter was right there to solve the problem. There's no worry about Peter's honesty and the agency's credibilty. He used to be the Treasurer for the AAR, I believe.

BTW, Bob Shuman is a dear man. It is unfortunate that he got in over his head after leaving Kennsington's Citadel Press. He wanted to publish 2 of my books, but then his whole department was downsized. He is June's friend, so he finally set up as a part time agent. But it's very different being an agent and an editor, I suppose.

Last edited:

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I was trying to find out more about Amy Tipton at Fine Print, and I happened upon this interview. Mostly it is people asking her how to query or whether she'd be interested in their projects, but there is a bit of information I hadn't seen elsewhere - even though she takes YA, she doesn't take the hottest sub-genre of YA: fantasy.

Oh, and I just noticed the title of this thread has a misspelling, namely "Fine Print Literarary". Can a moderator fix that?

JAG4584

Registered
Reaction score
Agency as a whole seems fantastic

I was trying to find out more about Amy Tipton at Fine Print, and I happened upon this interview. Mostly it is people asking her how to query or whether she'd be interested in their projects, but there is a bit of information I hadn't seen elsewhere - even though she takes YA, she doesn't take the hottest sub-genre of YA: fantasy.

I can't vouch for Amy personally however I can say that J Reid and June Clark at the agency are both very professional and have been easy to communicate with by e-mail etc. Shockingly (laugh) I made a mistake and queried two agents at the office and rather than it being a problemo it ended up becoming just a funny goof and no big deal so I like their sense of humor as well. If that helps any professional and a good sense of humor and I see the agents have lots of sales in their bags so that always helps.

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
Has anyone had any personal experiences with Amy Tipton, Meredith Hays or Janet Reid? I sent Stephany Evans some ms a while back, and she rejected me very politely. also, the website looks as if it hasn't been updated for awhile.

Last edited:

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any personal experiences with Amy Tipton, Meredith Hays or Janet Reid?

Janet Reid is damn near universally adored, near as I can tell- particularly by her clients. She's smart and engaging and a very effective agent. Her blog is here. She specializes in crime fiction, but I saw her speak at the Backspace Conference last month, and she said that writers should never assume that she won't be interested in something if it's written well enough, regardless of genre.

Amy Tipton is the new kid on the block. Gives good form rejection.

I haven't dealt with Meredith Hays.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Janet Reid is a friend of mine and I love, love, love her.

roskoebaby

Amy Tipton is my agent and she's FABULOUS! She is on top of everything and very professional AND enthusiastic. I've talked with another client of hers and she feels the same. She is GREAT!

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
I just received a partial request from Stephany Evans. Has anyone else had any recent experience with her? Thanks.

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Peter Rubie back on November 5th....crickets.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Also crickets here (17th November). At what point to you think it's okay to requery (if at all) when you get no response to an equery?

It's customary to let 90 days go by before you nudge the agent. More if his guidelines say so, or less if the guidelines say so. But in the absence of the agent spelling out a time frame, 90 days would not be unreasonable.

Regards,
Scott

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
It's customary to let 90 days go by before you nudge the agent. More if his guidelines say so, or less if the guidelines say so. But in the absence of the agent spelling out a time frame, 90 days would not be unreasonable.

Regards,
Scott

Thanks. :D I'll do that.

Actually, i'm so stuuuupid, cause it was the 17/10, so that's um...October. Just goes to show what having kids does to your brain.

SJAB

Being edited for submission
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanjboulton.com
They say on their submissions page

"If we are interested in your project, we will request more information"

Which I took to mean they don't reply if not interested, saying that I queried on the 30/10/07 and had a request for a full synopsis and three chapters later that day from Mr Rubie.

SJAB

Being edited for submission
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanjboulton.com
Ah fair deal. Guess I'll chalk that up as a no thanks then.

Congrats on the requests SJAB :D You must have something there.

Thanks Nakhlasmoke. This time I seem to be getting the requests for samples, no fulls net, but it is early days.

bluemoonscribe

Registered
Reaction score
I signed with Stephany Evans, president of Fine Print, in late Oct. She sold my three-book series by mid-November. She is a wonderful agent! Insightful, kind and very, very honest. I have been very happy with Fine Print representation so far.