AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Packager] Alloy Entertainment (Les Morgenstein)

Mostly lurking

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Anjulee View Post
    Has anyone heard of or dealt with them?
    I thought I'd seen the name before, so I looked it up in the index. They already have a thread here: Packager Alloy Entertainment.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Anjulee's Avatar
    Thanks so much, Ludens.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Has anyone submitted to them recently? I submitted a query + 3 a few weeks ago and I've been wondering about turn-around time.
    It's never too late to be who you might have been - George Eliot

Not recently, but a few months back someone from Alloy tapped me during a Twitter pitch thingy and I duly sent off my stuff. Never heard back. Followed up but never got any kind of response. So either I ended up in a spam folder, or . . .

I've always gotten no response from them. For years.

My horn can pierce the sky!
    I have a series published with their Powered by Amazon imprint. They're legit, but I believe they're closed to submissions now. Not sure how their submissions process works since they contacted me last year and that's how I got my book deal. I've had a great experience working with them, for what it's worth.

Anyone know if they're open to submissions or how to submit? Annie Stone has a #MSWL page and sounds like she's open to submissions but the website link sends me to a white page with a "alloy Entertainment" icon in the center and nothing else. Nothing to click at all. So I'm not sure if it's technical difficulty or it's just a holder and their website doesn't take you anywhere.

Edit: Oh! Hmm her twitter now says formerly with Alloy Entertainment.

But then there's a generic Alloy twitter page that shares a submissions email ( thecollaborative@alloyentertainment.com) but no instructions.
    Last edited by Tromboli; 11-10-2017 at 05:12 AM.
    http://Www.staceytrombley.com-

NAKED- available now from Entangled Teen
    PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES- January 2017, Entangled Crush

Quote Originally Posted by Tromboli View Post
    Anyone know if they're open to submissions or how to submit? Annie Stone has a #MSWL page and sounds like she's open to submissions but the website link sends me to a white page with a "alloy Entertainment" icon in the center and nothing else. Nothing to click at all. So I'm not sure if it's technical difficulty or it's just a holder and their website doesn't take you anywhere.

Edit: Oh! Hmm her twitter now says formerly with Alloy Entertainment.

But then there's a generic Alloy twitter page that shares a submissions email ( thecollaborative@alloyentertainment.com) but no instructions.
    You're probably already aware of this, but for other AWers who might come along, keep in mind that packagers aren't looking for specific manuscripts, just good writers they can hire to bring their own concepts to life. Some packagers do take unrelated samples, but when they're looking for a specific writer for a specific project they're working on, they usually give you some preliminary materials and have you create a three-chapter sample (or whatever). I think they tend to find writers to audition through agents and publishers they've worked with before, so if you're interested in working with a packager, it would probably be a good idea to let your agent and/or editor know so they can help you keep an eye out for opportunities.
    THE SOUND OF LIFE AND EVERYTHING (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, May 2015)

EARTH TO DAD (Capstone, Fall 2018)

DON'T VOTE FOR ME (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, August 2015)
    DON'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE (Bloomsbury Children's, Winter 2019)

www.kristavandolzer.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234