AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Packager] Alloy Entertainment (Les Morgenstein)

Yep: I got a failure notice too. Somebody have the correct sub address?

tri

I submitted to them awhile ago. They asked for full, and then we had some back-and-forth about the series I had proposed. Ultimately my submission was rejected b/c they had a similar project on their books already, but I was told I could submit another project in the future.

I found their dealings with me very courteous, and professional.

What email address did you use? I don't have my email on this device, but I can post the email address I used when I get home. But it was the one on their site, I'm sure.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 03-08-2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: code weirdness

I used this one:

thecollaborative@alloyentertainment.com

Delivery Failure.

tri

Here's the response I got from them on FB:

Hi Chris,
    Alloy Entertainment commented on their Wall post.
    Alloy Entertainment wrote: "We are currently having technical difficulties with that email address. In the meantime, you can send your submissions to kmcgee@alloyentertainment.com."

That was the address I used. Glad to see that you got it sorted out. Best of luck with your submission!
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 03-08-2016 at 11:20 PM. Reason: code weirdness

I contacted Katie McGee about my submission (since it's been a while) and she responded today saying that they were backed up on their submission email and will get to it soon. The failure was mainly due to the move in offices. They are starting to catch up now so I was wondering, (since there were others in this thread that submitted) has anyone heard back from them?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I submitted to them over a year ago and heard back in two weeks (rejected because they weren't looking for paranormal at the time). Tried again with a contemporary suspense in January, but haven't heard anything yet - it was six weeks yesterday.

I got a full request from the on the 27th!

Good for you, Irishlass. You must have copped that off of five pages, eh?

I think I'm going to let my agent handle this one and give her both addresses--the one to Katie and the other one.

tri

Thanks, Tri! And yes, I sent in the first five pages of a work in progress. They say in the submission guidelines that they accept partial manuscripts so I thought I's give it a try. Normally, there would be no way I would do that, but since Alloy is a book packager I figure the whole point is to work with them on it. We'll see.

Heard back from Alloy today. They found my 'concept interesting and definitely suspenseful', but they have a few projects that are similar to mine and are passing.

At least it got farther than my last submission to them. I might try them again down the road if I come up with anything else.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Alloy has licensed assorted properties to Amazon for its Kindle Worlds program. Main discussion is here: Fanfiction just went legit.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Has anyone had any recent dealings with the Collaborative wing of Alloy Entertainment? Any idea what their turn around time is on a full request?

I've been waiting on a submission for mmm, about 9 months now. I nudged Katie McGee a few times. She said they had some technical failure with their email when they moved offices. That was back in Feb. She said she'd get to it as soon as she can. But then I nudged months later and she said she lost it and to resend. That was in May. Haven't heard anything since.

I will say however, Katie does respond to nudges and is really polite.

I sent in my 2nd YA book--synopsis and first five. We'll see what's up. They say turnaround is about six weeks.

tri

Thanks for the info Undercover and triceratops. I've only been waiting a few weeks. I'll post my stats when I hear.

Bumping thread since I got a full request from them this week .

I'm not expecting to hear anything for a long while (the holidays and all) but it was a nice surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by hester View Post
    Bumping thread since I got a full request from them this week .

I'm not expecting to hear anything for a long while (the holidays and all) but it was a nice surprise...
    When did you submit, Ann?

I nudged a few times, she got back to me on the first nudge and I had to resend, that was a long time ago. I nudged again and nothing.

Hi Undercover!

I queried (with a five page sample) on 12/9 and got the full request on 12/18. Crossables crossed and all that .

Damn, hester. That's remarkable that you pulled a full request. You sure did something right. I have not or ever solved the riddle of what their looking for. Could have been my style, I'm sure. Although I've had no problems with either of my subbed YA titles--in fact, I've had contracts offered on both 11 times now. Alloy has always been a mystery to me.

tri
    Last edited by triceretops; 12-21-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Yeah, I agree with Tri here. Definitely remarkable. You like never hear that. Very very rarely if ever does anyone get that far.

Good Luck with it honey! Please keep us posted.

Awww, thank you so much, tri and Undercover!! I'll definitely update when I hear something. You guys rock!!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin J. Anne Bradshaw's Avatar
    Hello all! I submitted a query and the first 5 pages of my manuscript on 4/02 and got a full request yesterday (4/07). I wasn't expecting them to respond so quickly, but it was a nice surprise. I sent the full to them last night, and I'm excited to see what they think. I'll keep you updated!
    Burning Embers--YA, currently querying/revising

Dying Embers--YA, in progress

Embers Fading--YA, outlining

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kenzihartle
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/kenzisays

Quote Originally Posted by J. Anne Bradshaw View Post
    Hello all! I submitted a query and the first 5 pages of my manuscript on 4/02 and got a full request yesterday (4/07). I wasn't expecting them to respond so quickly, but it was a nice surprise. I sent the full to them last night, and I'm excited to see what they think. I'll keep you updated!
    Now that's a good sign. Pardon, but I've never had any phucking luck with them. You must know the secret (literary) password.

tri

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin J. Anne Bradshaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
    Now that's a good sign. Pardon, but I've never had any phucking luck with them. You must know the secret (literary) password.

tri
    Haha, I don't know about that, I think I just got lucky. I'd been striking out with other agents, so I refined my query before I tried Alloy. Now I'm just playing the waiting game
    Burning Embers--YA, currently querying/revising

Dying Embers--YA, in progress

Embers Fading--YA, outlining

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kenzihartle
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/kenzisays

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast