• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Packager] Alloy Entertainment (Les Morgenstein)

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I submitted to them awhile ago. They asked for full, and then we had some back-and-forth about the series I had proposed. Ultimately my submission was rejected b/c they had a similar project on their books already, but I was told I could submit another project in the future.

I found their dealings with me very courteous, and professional.

What email address did you use? I don't have my email on this device, but I can post the email address I used when I get home. But it was the one on their site, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
That was the address I used. Glad to see that you got it sorted out. Best of luck with your submission!

Last edited by a moderator:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I contacted Katie McGee about my submission (since it's been a while) and she responded today saying that they were backed up on their submission email and will get to it soon. The failure was mainly due to the move in offices. They are starting to catch up now so I was wondering, (since there were others in this thread that submitted) has anyone heard back from them?

IrishLass

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to them over a year ago and heard back in two weeks (rejected because they weren't looking for paranormal at the time). Tried again with a contemporary suspense in January, but haven't heard anything yet - it was six weeks yesterday.

IrishLass

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Tri! And yes, I sent in the first five pages of a work in progress. They say in the submission guidelines that they accept partial manuscripts so I thought I's give it a try. Normally, there would be no way I would do that, but since Alloy is a book packager I figure the whole point is to work with them on it. We'll see.

IrishLass

Registered
Reaction score
Heard back from Alloy today. They found my 'concept interesting and definitely suspenseful', but they have a few projects that are similar to mine and are passing. :(

At least it got farther than my last submission to them. I might try them again down the road if I come up with anything else.

StrawberryTall

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent dealings with the Collaborative wing of Alloy Entertainment? Any idea what their turn around time is on a full request?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I've been waiting on a submission for mmm, about 9 months now. I nudged Katie McGee a few times. She said they had some technical failure with their email when they moved offices. That was back in Feb. She said she'd get to it as soon as she can. But then I nudged months later and she said she lost it and to resend. That was in May. Haven't heard anything since.

I will say however, Katie does respond to nudges and is really polite.

StrawberryTall

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Undercover and triceratops. I've only been waiting a few weeks. I'll post my stats when I hear.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping thread since I got a full request from them this week :).

I'm not expecting to hear anything for a long while (the holidays and all) but it was a nice surprise...

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping thread since I got a full request from them this week :).

I'm not expecting to hear anything for a long while (the holidays and all) but it was a nice surprise...

When did you submit, Ann?

I nudged a few times, she got back to me on the first nudge and I had to resend, that was a long time ago. I nudged again and nothing.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Undercover!

I queried (with a five page sample) on 12/9 and got the full request on 12/18. Crossables crossed and all that :).

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Damn, hester. That's remarkable that you pulled a full request. You sure did something right. I have not or ever solved the riddle of what their looking for. Could have been my style, I'm sure. Although I've had no problems with either of my subbed YA titles--in fact, I've had contracts offered on both 11 times now. Alloy has always been a mystery to me.

tri

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Tri here. Definitely remarkable. You like never hear that. Very very rarely if ever does anyone get that far.

Good Luck with it honey! Please keep us posted.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Awww, thank you so much, tri and Undercover!! I'll definitely update when I hear something. You guys rock!! :)

J. Anne Bradshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all! I submitted a query and the first 5 pages of my manuscript on 4/02 and got a full request yesterday (4/07). I wasn't expecting them to respond so quickly, but it was a nice surprise. I sent the full to them last night, and I'm excited to see what they think. I'll keep you updated!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Hello all! I submitted a query and the first 5 pages of my manuscript on 4/02 and got a full request yesterday (4/07). I wasn't expecting them to respond so quickly, but it was a nice surprise. I sent the full to them last night, and I'm excited to see what they think. I'll keep you updated!

Now that's a good sign. Pardon, but I've never had any phucking luck with them. You must know the secret (literary) password.

tri

J. Anne Bradshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Now that's a good sign. Pardon, but I've never had any phucking luck with them. You must know the secret (literary) password.

tri

Haha, I don't know about that, I think I just got lucky. I'd been striking out with other agents, so I refined my query before I tried Alloy. Now I'm just playing the waiting game :)