• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Rupert Heath Literary Agency

ArmeliaMarable

The Rupert Heath Agency has been recommended as an agent willing to consider new writers. I've reviewed the web page. Looks impressive enough. However, I'd like to chat with someone who has experienced working with the agency.

HAFleming

Re: Anyone work with the Rupert Heath Agency?

Hi,

I just signed with Rupert Heath. Have you queried or just looking for info? I am from the US, so I all the books on agents I had didn't include the UK. I would suggest doing what I didn't--email some of his clients.

-Heather

ArmeliaMarable

Rupert Heath

Earlier this year we corresponded and then, blip, he was gone. So I was wondering if anyone else had experience with him. He made an interesting suggestion, having read some of my work. I was inclined to agree with him. But then the disconnect.

Hapsburg

Re: Rupert Heath

I got a form rejection via email which simply read "Thanks but can't take on any new projects now"

It was timely though...

Stace001

Re: Rupert Heath

I received a rejection from him recently, but it was personalised and quite helpful. He seemed genuinely interested in helping me improve my manuscript, and I was touched that he'd taken the time to email me himself. I have heard nothing but good things about him, but like any agent with a good/excellent reputation, he's unbelievably busy.
Good luck.

annbauer

Registered
Reaction score
Rupert Heath

Rupert Heath handled the publication of my first novel and he was marvelous -- attentive, helpful, a great editor. He sold the book to Scribner, which was quite a coup, and traveled to the U.S. for the release. I can't say enough about him.

I left the agency only because he and I disagreed on the direction my second book should take. I've no doubt the idea he had would have been successful -- perhaps even more successful than the manuscript I wrote -- it was simply a difference in expectation.

A Bauer

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
I can't find Rupert's email address for submitting an equery. Could anyone help me out?

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I received a rejection this morning (6:30am) it was nice yet confusing haha,
all in all he has a very good response time.

Ha! I had pretty much the same this morning, except he said "I like the sound of this but ..." etc.

Quick turn around though.

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
I also sent 50 pages today. He's gonna have a lot to read over the week-end.

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
I got a rather strange rejection today from Mr. Heath....

Thank you. I read this with great interest and, while I wouldn’t be able to represent you myself for this project, I wish you good luck elsewhere. If you don’t get anywhere in a year’s time, please get back in touch.

Best wishes

Rupert

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like his std near miss rejection but the 'try me next year' is interesting
Perhaps what you are offering is something he doesn't feel he can sell at the moment, but if the market moves......

Last edited:

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rejection. Too quirky for the current market (it's a broken record with this book). Doesn't think he can sell it.

Damn it all to hell.

Last edited:

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
I was invited to send my first fifty as well, and met with the same result.

The actual words of the email:

"This is an impressive, singular work. I don't think I could find a major publisher for this, so I wouldn't be able to represent you..."

So there's hope for the story, or he was trying to soften the blow of rejection...either way, back to the waiting game.

--Dev

C0g

Registered
Reaction score
Also got a rejection on my partial today, along the same lines. Guess this agency requests a lot of stuff

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
E-Query: 05/10/09 to Ms. Beaumont
Received e-jection on 05/12/09 from Mr. Rupert himself:

Diana is on maternity leave so I am answering on her behalf. This sounds like an interesting idea, but not a novel we could handle ourselves unfortunately. I do wish you the very best of luck elsewhere.

Sincerely
R Heath