Status
Not open for further replies.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I totally supported Bush in the days following 9/11.

Ditto. I cheered when we sent troops to Afghanistan. I thought for once we were wrong about Bush, and I was ready to stand behind the man... alas, that didn't last.

So don't color us anti-Bush with a big, broad stroke.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Ditto. I cheered when we sent troops to Afghanistan. I thought for once we were wrong about Bush, and I was ready to stand behind the man... alas, that didn't last.

So don't color us anti-Bush with a big, broad stroke.

I did, too. I absolutely supported him. I just wish he'd stuck to the original objective... **sigh** I'd probably still support him.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
I had no problems with sending forces in to Afghanistan.

(Until the force strength in the hunt for Bin Laden and Al Qaeda was compromised in order to prosecute the Iraq invasion).

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I had no problems with sending forces in to Afghanistan.

(Until the force strength in the hunt for Bin Laden and Al Qaeda was compromised in order to prosecute the Iraq invasion).

Lack of resolve.

Mustangpilot

Registered
Reaction score
That's a very unfortunate view. Just because we have 100,000 troops and missiles and nuclear power doesn't mean we're "strong." OBL knew America has military power. The fact the Bush led us through this wild goose chase, having to lie about WMD to get us into Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11, and after almost 6 years we still haven't caught OBL... it proved to OBL that Americans are stupid. And stupidity is never "strong" no matter how many guns you have.

Who cares about Sean Penn and Dixie Chicks -- to drag them into a discussion about Iraq policies is silly. They're just common folks exercising their freedom of speech -- and we don't have to agree with them at all. But forget them. Let's focus on the true policy makers and the command of chief -- the person who got us into this war that at first was about WMD, then it was about terrorism, then it was about democracy. And they called Kerry flipflopper?

And if someone bring up 9/11 again when talking about Iraq I'm going to sock them.

OK. Sock me. have we had another 9/11? There have been many attempts but we have stopped them cold. Thanks, George.
The Dixie Chicks and Penn are important because it gives the bad guys a reason to keep going on. If these folks had mouthed off like that during WW2 they would all be in prison for treason. It's against the law to yell fire in a theater. Speech is not free and never has been. You cant yell fire in a crowded theater, you should not bad mouth your side during war or you will kill your own people. Their blood is on your hands.
You are obviously a Bush hater. Nothing I can say will deter you when you have already made up your mind. Read Rumples post. He is close to right. Our problem is we are too nice. We try to fight them directly and resist collateral damage. The islamofactist laugh at us for this. Life is cheap to them. they want to die.

Even so, we are winning. I have friends in country and they all say the surge is working. By this time next year they expect major improvement even to the point of starting a pull out. the dems hate this. They want a loss so they can regain power. You, as with others on the left, have invested in defeat. God help you.

time for a glass or two or three of wine.

Mustangpilot

Registered
Reaction score
[

Oh, and I still think Bush lied. I wonder how he sleeps at night.[/quote]

Did Blair lie? How about Clinton, Mad Albright, i can go on and on. almost everyone saw the same data that Bush did and came to the same conclusion. Saddam had WMD. So if Bush lied then so did 90% of the free world's leaders.
This is getting rediculous.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
The Dixie Chicks and Penn are important because it gives the bad guys a reason to keep going on.

Yes, I'm sure that's just what the terrorists are concerned about--Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks. If only they had shown their support for president Bush, the Al Qaeda would have given up by now.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
OK - for the record, this is Bush's war, isn't it? He is the one who committed the troops, isn't he?

And as for preventing any attacks - how do we know that isn't a bunch of press spin? I'm not saying it is, but how do we know it isn't, either?

And you didn't answer my question about where you get the information that is dead on accurate, while the rest of us are getting spin and nonsense.

I am not bad mouthing my country - I am questioning the reasoning behind Iraq. We went in to find those wmd and we found sand. Sand and more sand.

And I am not a left winger. I am not a democrat. I don't believe this war is justified any longer. I believe American soldiers are dying needlessly every day. And I don't need you to validate my feelings. But just because they differ from yours doesn't mean I don't know jack. You have friends there, well I have family over there - a cousin in Afghanistan and one in Iraq. I am praying that when they come home, they walk off the plane instead of being rolled off in a pine box.

I don't hate Bush. I hate his policies. I hate the fact that he doesn't live in the same world as we do. I think he's too clueless to hate. But of course, you will still think that anyone who is against the war is a Bush hater. That's typical.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure that's just what the terrorists are concerned about--Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks. If only they had shown their support for president Bush, the Al Qaeda would have given up by now.

I love you.

Do you love me?

Check here for yes [ ]

Check here for no [ ]

Check here for maybe [ ]

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I oughta neg-rep you for the overused clock statement, Unique. Triteness, on the Defense. 5 Yard Penalty. Repeat 1st Down.

Go for it, dc. I use it cuz it's the truest thing my momma ever told me. ;)

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Two interviews with NV top brass seem to indicate that Jane Fonda had alot to do with their persistence in the war. According to one general - and I'll have to find the interview, it was years ago - they were at a crossroads, feeling that they were near defeat. She, uh, "empowered" them in a way.

I don't think what Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam war really compares to the Dixie Chicks. Did they actually do anything besides say that they were ashamed Bush was from their state?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Shoooooot, son. I can't neg-rep ya on account o' yer momma.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
If you really think the Dixie Chicks and Sean Penn can influence OBL and al qaeda, that's really silly. They're out to destroy America no matter what. It doesn't matter if it's the Dixie Chicks or Charleston Heston.

OK, Schwarzenigger, maybe. He's, after all, the Terminator!!!

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Very little if anything is ever is an exact duplicate, especially given that amount of time

Apart from being famous in entertainment, Jane Fonda and the Dixie Chicks have nothing in common. What you stated about Jane Fonda proves nothing about celebrities today and how the effect Al Qaeda.

Mustangpilot

Registered
Reaction score
If you really think the Dixie Chicks and Sean Penn can influence OBL and al qaeda, that's really silly. They're out to destroy America no matter what. It doesn't matter if it's the Dixie Chicks or Charleston Heston.quote]

This says it all. In spite of my best efforts you refuse to understand the root of the problem. The Chicks and penn don't need to influence OBL. They only need to influence us. When these celebrities and others speak out as they have been doing it gives legitimacy to the antiwar/anti American propaganda. By so doing it reduces our resolve to follow through. Don't you read OBL's statements? He has said that all he needs to do is keep biting our ankles and people like you will accept defeat. apparently, you already have.

You are correct in saying he wants to destroy America no matter what. But it goes much farther than that. He wants to destroy western civilization and install an Islamic Caliphate with Islamic law.

Add to this the unconcionable actions of the media and you have a recipe for disaster. Over the last few months the New York Times has been proven to have publish made up stories. These are reprinted in other papers and talked about on T.V. Eventually, after their noses are rubbed in it, they print a retraction. But the damage has been done. Too many fools believe the garbage.

So I've decided I'm wasting my time. You and others have made up your minds and no amount of new data or logic will ever change it. Just keep in mind that everytime you bad mouth the effort to defeat OBL you may have pulled the trigger that kills one of our troops and bring us closer to defeat. May God have mercy on your shriveled souls.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
You'll notice he never says where his inside information comes from?

I'm so tired of being treated like an idiot by right wingers who assume they know everything. If that were the case, wouldn't this be solved by now? Why is it that if you don't believe in something, it's because you are wrong, or illogical, or stupid? Don't pat me on the head and say "you just don't understand."

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't OBL supposedly in Afghanistan? When did he go to Iraq?

Oh, that's right. Never.

I'm done. I feel lousy and I'm going to get some sleep. I'm sick of banging my head against the wall and listening to yet another tap dance around the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.