Not open for further replies.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
We’ve got another editor for you, folks!

Editorial Services by Kristen King!

Kristen King is a full-time freelance writer-editor with 5+ years of experience writing and editing for business and publication. Her credit list includes fiction and nonfiction books, websites and brochures, manuals, business communications, newspaper and magazine articles, poetry, short stories, and personal essays.

Her resume lists positions at two Virginia newspapers, a statewide Virginia parenting magazine, an award-winning literary magazine, and an internationally acclaimed medical journal among her staff experiences.

Kristen has a BA in English from Mary Washington College and is halfway to her masters of publishing at George Washington University.

Here's what some of Kristen's clients have said about her:

“Kristen is a keen, savvy editor with an eye for accuracy, grammar and style. Not only does she remain consistent throughout the entire editing process, but she’s helpful and friendly. She worked with me to ensure that my book retained my editorial voice and stayed professional. Her comments were extremely useful and proved that you always need an extra editorial eye for any written material -- she brought up ideas I hadn’t even thought of and I loved them all. I plan on writing more books, and I’ll be using Kristen to edit every single one! Thank you, Kristen! you made my book a masterpiece!"
- Kristen Fischer, freelance writer and author of Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs

“I am so lucky to have found Kristen, whom I consider a cool and clear coach for my not-always-so work. She is my strongest writing source, as well as the kindest.”
- Laura Souza Pillarella, personal trainer and author of Worked Over: My Cosmetic Surgery Takeover (Alban Editions, Paris, France, 2007)

“My working relationship with Kristen was pure joy. Not only did she blow me away with her exceptional editing skills and expert constructive feedback, but she made this first-time author feel at home with the sometimes daunting writing process. Kristen took me step-by-step through the editing process and helped me understand the many MS Word functions needed to make the job go smoothly and efficiently. She kept her word with every deadline. I also appreciated her warm, professional, enthusiastic style. She even took the time to answer questions not necessarily related to the project. I'd highly recommend Kristen to anyone in the writing business. I look forward to working with her again!”
- Gary A. Grahl, counselor and author of Skinny Boy (Fall 2007)

What we’re offering in this auction: Editing for up to 200 manuscript pages
- No erotica or horror, no GLBT, no spiritistic (eg, vampires, demons, witchcraft, etc) – no judgments implied or intended; Kristen’s just not the right person for these genres.

The bidding starts at $20.00 and I’m giving us a good, long time to work on this one, based on the response to our last editorial offering, so the auction starts NOW and runs until next Sunday, March 25, 2007, at 8PM, CDT. Please keep all bids in increments of $1.00.

Kristen was available immediately a couple weeks ago, but that’s subject to change depending on now long the auction goes on and whether anything has come up for her in the interim – IOW: start date for edit is negotiable.

Let’s rock!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Let's spice it up a little, shall we? ::innocent smile::

For you poor writers out there who'd like to get in on this deal but you just don't need 200 pages done... see if you can find a buddy who'd like to share the deal with you! Max TWO people splitting the service... as an example:

Silver King and I both need editing services - boy, do we! - but we're doing novellas, or we're just wanting a hundred pages 'cause we're good at picking up on what's wrong if it's shown to us. So... Silver and I pool our resources and bid together for Kristen's help.

If we bid, say, $60 right now and win it, we'd each pay $30 dollars and we'd each get 100 pages done by Kristen.

The two bidding partners can split it up however they like: 25%/75% or 50%/50%... as long as the payments made, the editing will commence! :)

Now... have I thoroughly confused y'all again? If so, ask Kristen! She dreamed this up. :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
as an example:

Silver King and I both need editing services
If I did, Kristen would be my first choice. And it's not because we're related by usernames, but rather that I've seen her in action, and I know what she's capable of bringing to the table.

Even though my writing is pristine, perfect in every way, I'll go $75 just in case...

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Put me down for $80, but I am confused. Can I submit less than 200 pages hoping I notice the error of my ways? I can do a split too. I mean not acrobat splits, but a split with someone. I need help.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
If you find a partner to split the bid with you, yes. If not, and you're all alone, the offer is for 'UP TO 200 pages'... it'll cost you $80 for however many pages you have up to the 200 page limit - you still in for $80?

Or is there someone out there who'd like to split with ToT?

Status
Not open for further replies.