• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Stephen Pevner Inc.

BrianEvil

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about Stephen Pevner, Inc.? Just curious, doesn't seem to be anything on the web.

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about Stephen Pevner, Inc.? Just curious, doesn't seem to be anything on the web.

Preditors and Editors has a listing, but has no information aside from a mailing address.

Heck, even the Supreme Court of the State of New York has an entry.

This listing from Sony Pictures seems the best of the ten hits off the first page at Google:

STEPHEN PEVNER (Producer) -- Stephen Pevner established Stephen Pevner, Inc., a New York-based literary agency specializing in new and emerging authors, playwrights, and filmmakers, in 1991 after ten years of working in various aspects of the entertainment industry. Among the independent filmmakers he has represented are Richard Linklater's "Slackers," "Dazed and Confused," and "Before Sunrise," Todd Solondz's "Welcome To the Dollhouse," Tom DiCillo's "Living in Oblivion," Greg Araki's "The Living End," and Guinevere Turner and Rose Troche's "Go Fish." In addition to producing a variety of special events, he co-produced the Off-Broadway show "The Vagina Monologues" and an original musical production of "Brer Rabbit" at the 1993 National Black Theatre Festival. Pevner discovered LaBute when he was a graduate student at NYU and has managed him through various theatrical and television assignments previous to producing film.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Reading his LinkedIn profile more closely, I now see he stopped agenting in '05. :rolleyes:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
What are you thinking of submitting, gambit924?

Though he has Literary Management as one of his interests, he has no real record of sales on Publisher's Marketplace (though there are a number of reasons this could be) and in his list of books, half of them are published screenplays. In his bio, he presents himself as much more tied into live performance and films than books.

gambit924

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I have an action drama sci-fi screenplay I am trying to get representation for. Do you think I should try him? Was he good before? Anyone use him?