Seriously, the things I get in my email....
Canadian Aid Charity invites you to participate in the 2007 Canadian Aid FUNDRAISING PUBLISHING RAFFLE.
PRIZE: The 2007 Canadian Aid Publishing Raffle winner will receive a TRADE BOOK PUBLISHING CONTRACT for publishing of the winner's manuscript by the raffle sponsor BookLand Press (www.booklandpress.com).
THE RAFFLE COMMITTEE:
- Alex Palmer, Project Manager, Canadian Aid Charity
- Robert Morgan, Publisher, BookLand Press
- Anne Millyard, Co-founder of Annick Press
- Joan Yolleck, Published Author, The Globe and Mail book reviewer
- Martin Avery, Published Author (www.martinavery.com)
- Christina Kilbourne, Published Author
- Marianne Paul, Published Author (www.mariannepaul.com)
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- Raffle tickets are: 1 ticket for $40, 3 tickets for $100, 6 tickets for $150, and 10 tickets for $200;
- Purchase as many tickets as you'd like;
- Raffle tickets are tax-deductible. Canadian Aid Charity will issue official tax-deductible charitable receipts (Revenue Canada charitable registration number 822819074 RR0001);
- ALL MONEY RAISED WILL GO TO SUPPORTING CANADIAN AID CHARITABLE PROJECTS;
- Pledge forms are available. Ask your friends, relatives and colleagues to purchase more raffle tickets for you;
- The winning draw will take place at the Canadian Aid Charity office at 5650 Yonge Street, Suite 1500, Toronto ON M2M 4G3 on Friday, April 27 at 2:00 PM. All raffle ticket holders are welcome to attend but there is no requirement to be present at the draw. All sold ticket numbers will be included in the draw. The Raffle Committee will supervise the draw;
- The winning ticket number will be posted online at www.canadianaid.org and www.canadianaid.com on April 27 after the draw;
- The winning ticket holder will receive a Trade Book Publishing Contract with BookLand Press for a manuscript of the winner's choice.
THE FINE PRINT:
- The raffle is open to all writers;
- Purchase as many raffle tickets as you'd like;
- The winning ticket holder must submit a manuscript of his or her choice (50 typed, double-spaced pages minimum) to BookLand Press for publishing within 6 (six) months after the draw;
- The manuscript must not be previously published;
- Eligible genres: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry, Short Stories and Children's Books;
- The publisher reserves the right to refuse any manuscript if it contains excessive use of coarse language, pornographic materials or other offensive matters of similar nature;
- The publisher reserves the right to edit the winning manuscript at publisher's discretion.
TO RECEIVE A TICKET ORDER FORM by email or post please email your request to email@example.com or call 1-888-4-CANAID, ext. 702 or (416) 607-6083, ext. 702.
For information about Canadian Aid Charity please visit www.canadianaid.org (for high-speed internet access) or www.canadianaid.com (for dial-up internet access). For information about BookLand Press please visit www.booklandpress.com.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Canadian Aid Charity/La charité canadienne d'aide
5650 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M2M 4G3
Toll Free: 1-888-4-CANAID (1-888-422-6243)
Tel: (416) 607-6083
Web: www.canadianaid.org, www.canadianaid.com
Revenue Canada Charitable Registration No. 82281 9074 RR0001