• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Susan Marlane Literary Agency

outsidethebox

Registered
Reaction score
I just saw this on craigslist today and thought I'd share it for anyone who's interested:

A major publishing house is starting up a new craft book division, and searching for well written "how to" type, craft books, especially those relating to paper crafts, beading, and jewelry making. But we will look at any craft book ideas you have. This may be your chance to get published. If you've written a craft book, please send us a query letter describing the work and approx 30 pages from the book. WE DO NOT CHARGE ANY FEES. We are a literary agency and will try to sell any acceptable work to a publisher on your behalf
Send submission to:
Susan Marlane Literary Agency
PO Box 4
Simi Valley, CA 93062

Please check our website for more details. http://susanmarlaneliteraryagency.com

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe this should go over to the backgrounds and bewares zone?
Has anyone any experience with this agency? The reason I ask is that the website says nothing about existing clients' books sold or publishing/agenting background of the principals.

outsidethebox

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I hope it's not a scam. It just seems like they're a literary agency trying to get people published, but I could be wrong.

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
How odd...most legit agents don't have to advertise, as far as I know...that alone makes me nervous about it.

*I don't know anything about this agent or agency. Simply my own thoughts.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
From P&E: Susan Marlane Literary Agency: A literary agency. 9/17/06: No longer charges a fee.

Not a good sign, IMO. Nor is the error-rife, Tripod-based website. Nor the lack of sales and qualifications. Nor....

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
The P.O. box turned me off almost as much as the fact that they're hawking on Craigslist.