• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Silver Lake Publishing

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
http://www.silverlakepublishing.com/index.html

Just curious. I came across them while checking out someone's publishing credits, and they don't seem to have a thread here. They look like a small sf/f/horror press, with both e-books and POD, and I didn't, on quick inspection, have any red flags go up. They mention Ingram as distributor. On the other hand, they may be out of business. Anybody have recent information?

The website looks a bit out of date:
[SIZE=+1]Welcome to Silver Lake Publishing.[/SIZE]
Happy 2006! Our resolution this year is to keep our mailing lists updated with current information. Join one and see if we can keep it.
There is no open submissions period this year. Open submissions will resume in 2007.

-Barbara

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
A perfectly legit micro-press, if e-publishing and POD will suit your goals. Accepted by MWA as a market for membership purposes.

Most recent update on the site is September 2006, when they say:

In less pleasant news, we are currently reviewing our financial situation. We would like to assure authors that SLP will not be folding. However, we may need to close submissions indefinitely until the situation improves. The choice will be made before the end of October.

They don't appear to have any books scheduled for 2007. The books they list as scheduled for August through December, 2006, doesn't appear to have been released.

Be aware that there's another Silver Lake Publishing out there (non-fiction): http://www.silverlakepub.com/

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Non-returnable is very common in the POD world, and how the hey do you go about returning an e-book in any case?

This wouldn't be my first choice of publisher unless, like I said, it exactly suited my goals.

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Which one?

Which Silver Lake Publishing are you talking about? The one I know of www.silverlakepub.com publishes only non-fiction and mostly stuff about family matters, business, law, health, etc.

DP

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
Which Silver Lake Publishing are you talking about? The one I know of www.silverlakepub.com publishes only non-fiction and mostly stuff about family matters, business, law, health, etc.

DP

The one the OP linked to in her original post, although it appears the site no longer exists. (Your link has a different address.)

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
You're right. They have the same name, though, which I think is unfortunate. It's not the first time I've come across p-cos with the same or really similar names.

DP