Emanuel Church has a donate button on their website, if you'd like to help.

See also the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Screaming Thread

madeya ru

Re: ugh

Spook- I don't know you, and maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I've been following along (I just know what discussions to stay out of) and I think it's fair to say that you most likely became an adult when you went out on your own, at least when you had your first kid. May have been well before then. I know some 16 year olds who are more adult than some 60 year olds. Don't worry about the age thing. It's the opinions that are to be respected, whether agreed with or not. There are those of us who look beyond age (had no idea what your age was until stated) and respect what someone has to say, and there are those who can't see anything past their own long lived experience, you know, the whole I'm older than you so I know more.

Don't know if this was out of line, but you sounded like you needed a pep talk. Intellegence has nothing to do with age. And neither does maturity. Hang in there. You speak quite eloquently and those who count will respect your opinion, whether agreed or not.

spooknov

Thank you so much. I did not find it out of line at all. I appreciate the pep talk. It's nice to know there are people out there that can see beyond a silly number. Wisdom is from life experience, not a birthday.

Betty W01

Spook, I know exactly how old you are (several years younger than what my oldest daughter would be right now), and find you mature beyond your years (or at least beyond what is commonly thought of as the wisdom you have by then). Aging is mandatory. Gaining wisdom is optional. You seem to be right where you belong. And you've earned the right to have - and express - whatever opinions you want!

:hug

Of course, I still don't know why anyone trusts you with sharp objects, but that's another issue.

maestrowork

ARGGHHHHHH!

Crap.

:head :head :head :head :head :head
    :cry

Betty W01

Ray

Don't know what's wrong, but remember your blood pressure, dude!

Here...

Now, take a deep breath, tap your heels together three times, and repeat after me: There's no place like home, there's no place like home...

Better??

maestrowork

Re: Ray

I feel better now. It was just money.

spooknov

Stupid Phones!!!!

AAAAHHHHH!!!!

Stupid Call Block!!!

I hate technology!!!!!!

:head :head :head :head :head

ChunkyC

Only our spooky would use a computer to complain about technology...have I told you how much you brighten up my days, spooky? :hug

spooknov

:rofl

Oh, after the day I've had CC you have no idea how much I needed that laugh.

ChunkyC

Only too happy to help, spooky.

Greenwolf103

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID FOOT!!! WHY DID IT HAVE TO GET SPRAINED???? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That image of that giant purple bruise will haunt me for the rest of my days.

Greenwolf103

A private scream

I need to let off a little private scream here. Certain "people" keep misspelling a certain word that's going into one of my books even after I corrected the spelling and now I'm all paranoid that's how it'll be spelled in the final draft.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:head

spooknov

Re: The Screaming Thread

>: Why? Why? WHYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Why is it that every time something good happens and you're all happy and giddy, something bad comes along to smack you right down?

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:head :head :head :head :head :head

aka eraser

Because God/Mother Nature/Fate/The Cosmic Muffin has a very puckish sense of humour.

I like the old Arab (I think) saying: Man plans. God laughs.

I'm sorry for ya tho spook. But now it's a good thing's turn to happen right?

We can hope. (Just don't plan.)

maestrowork

Good things will come to you, Spookie.

As for me....

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHGHHHHHH!

I can't get this f&$%^#$%^# song out of my head.

(I guess Barb'd say, it's payback time!)

Greenwolf103

Stupid Cosmic Muffin!! >:

westbye

I'm in a cube, not working on my own stuff. That's how I am today. :ack

absolutewrite

Quick, guys, we need icepicks and hammers! Get westbye out of that cube! Stat!

maestrowork

ARRRRh!

There are so many a**h**** in this world, especially on the internet.

Unbelievable. Whatever happens to human decency?

:peace

p.s. it has nothing to do with AW.

Betty W01

how about a crying thread??

:cry

Why, God? WHY??????????????

Sometimes, life sucks. I'm sure He knows what He's doing, but I sure have not got a clue a good deal of the time.

WHY???????????????????????

:head

SRHowen

my turn

(*&^#$#$#@$#^%*&)(_(+)(*&*&^%$$#$@!^%$@*& and various other four letter words.

What a day!

I wrote, I trashed it, I wrote, I trashed it. YUCK on my muse!

Shawn

LiamJackson

Re: my turn

Send your muse over this way. I'm beginning to think a bad muse beats no muse.

maestrowork

ME 2. I need a muse. Although I'd rather not have Bud touch me.

Melina

Stupid car! One thing after another! Tires, battery, alternator, now who knows what? I can't take it!! Being broke sucks!! Stupid, stupid car!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGH!!!

SRHowen

Stupid People

Parked car, been parking it there for two years--AM today, sticker on it that says it will be towed. Somebody complained it was parked there--can't be parked in the same spot more than three days!

Only two new neighbors--across the street and next door across other street--both jerks--tell me:

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE MIND THEIR OWN BIZ?????:teeth

Damn people and their mini power trips--now I remember why I hate living in town.

Shawn

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast