I did it too thanks to PA

ccomer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I know lots of you are against PA. But it doesn't matter to me. And I appreciate your views. I've heard them all. But I reached my goal thanks to PA. My book is being published. I accomplished my one last dream. I get to hold my work in my hands in book form. I get to see my name on that book. that is all I have ever wanted since I started this venture 10yrs ago. I've been on many adventures in my life. I have won many body building contest. I have survived cancer three times. But this tops it all.
Clea

www.freewebs.com/ccomer

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I'm very happy that you finished writing a book (sometimes the hardest part) and I'm glad you're pleased to hold it in print...but don't you want anyone else to hold it and read it?

Welcome to the forums, too. Hope you hang around.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Ever think of Lulu if you just want to hold the book in your hands?

Anyway, congratulations on achieving your dreams! Despite sounding redundant, I'm going to also say welcome to the board and I hope you hang around.

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
Well, in that case, congrats to you, and we're glad to have you. I'm sure your family is thrilled to read your book, and I wish you the best.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Do you plan on writing more, Clea? If you write another, since you were able to put this one in your hands, maybe on the next one you can try the agented and published route. Make that the next big goal, ya know? It is a whole different experience, I hear. I'm happy for your success and happiness with the writing venture. There is a lot to be learned here regarding the craft of writing at AW. and Wonderful support! I hope you get a lot from it and can share your book writing experiences with others.

Welcome!

Trish

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats and thats awesome you finished your book.
Best of luck to you :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, CC! Keep on writing. Yes, PA is a contentious subject for a lot of folks here but as they and others have said; it's about the publisher, not about you, the writer.

You'll find AW is a pretty level handed place when contemplating the good and bad aspects of the craft. A good example is your post being moved to the Goals and Accomplishments forum because a writer deserves recognition.

Stick around and you can learn a lot to make your next book even better than the first.

Good luck on your next WIP! :)

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
This is the second thread announcing this book. The first is in the Announcements, Events, and Self-Promotion forum. Since this thread seems to be more PA-specific, I'm going to move it to the PA forum.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
Welcome and congrats on achieving your goal. It's a great accomplishment and I understand how thrilled you are. I add my voice to everyone else in hoping that you will explore AW and join in on all it has to offer.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Welcome - and that's great news about your book.

I hope you stick around and explore some of the other threads here.

Best wishes,
Kate

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Clea, but didn't your book just go into edits? You have not held it just yet in your hands. I hope they do edit the book and make it to your liking.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
ohh I plan on hanging around. And others will hold it in their hands. I'll see to that. (I have a big family)

That's exactly what PublishAmerica is hoping you have... a large family and/or a high limit on your credit cards.

But welcome to the Water Cooler anyway.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
C - just in case you check this thread but not the other: Where are you in upstate NY? I'm here too - in Mexico. :D

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Could be worse.

Mexico's warmer than Minnesota, for example.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Or you could live next door to Pete. That's a horrible thought to comprehend. :D

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Or you could live next door to Pete. That's a horrible thought to comprehend. :D

I go to get the mail once without pants on and then fend off Rllgthunder's advcances and I never hear the end of it. Gawd.