• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Pelican Publishing Company

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
On another thread, Victoria indicated that Pelican Publishing is a vanity publisher, but I can't find any indication of that on their website. Anyone have any personal experience?

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
A quick Google, however, shows me that there are at least two publishers called "Pelican Publishing," which does make me wonder if we're talking about the same folks.

Doing a search at aap, I see only listings for Pelican International and Pelican Publishing, but the first one is a subsidiary.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I have to confess to error here.

The author on the AAA website whose books are pubbed by Pelican sent me documentation about a horrible experience she had with a vanity press called Jarrett Press & Publications Inc., of Durham, NC. Her books appear to have been subsequently placed with Pelican. I remembered her name, and when I saw it on the AAA website, my brain made the wrong connection. It's my policy to check my files before posting something, but in this case I obviously didn't.

So the publisher I was thinking of was Jarrett, not Pelican. As far as I know, Pelican is NOT a vanity publisher. I've gone back to my original post and corrected it, in case someone sees that post and not this one.

Thanks for calling me on this, Julie--I'm glad to have the chance to make the correction.

- Victoria

Last edited:

alaktas

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent experience with this publisher?