• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Noble Literary Agency (Michael Noble)

Selenia

Considering doing one of those gift books, was wondering if someone had any comments about them, one way or another. Thanks in advance!

Princesstilly

Noble Literary Agency/Mike Noble...inquiry only

Has anyone heard of this agency? Anything good or bad to say about them? I'm researching potential agents for my novel and I came across their information. Their website is www.nobleliteraryagency.com

The site doesn't mention a reading fee, but does anyone know if they are any good?

Thanks!

bdchita

I wrote to Noble Literary Agency

I don't recall where I saw their name, but I sent them a query, and they declined to see the whole piece. They were professional, and fairly quick in responding. That's my whole experience with them.
Eric

SimonSays

Noble

I've seen Noble Literary mentioned on the writers.net boards - there wasn't much information, but as of Feb 2004 they had no sales listed in PW and their legitmacy is questionable because they are subsidiary of a book packaging firm/publishing consultant.

I also found this ad on craigslist

newyork.craigslist.org/mn...33278.html

Legitimate Agents generally do not advertise for clients on a classified ads board like craigslist, as they are usually overwhelmed with queries from writers seeking them out.

Another odd thing - under compensation on the CL ad they wrote: Advance & Royalties which seems pretty strange as agents don't pay you, they get your work to others that will.

Generally speaking you want an agent with verifiable recent sales, so my gut says stay away, move on to the next agents on your list.

CaoPaux

Re: Noble Literary

They seem to be legit. Not to be confused with Noble House (scam publisher).

Selenia

asked awhile back

Asked about these guys awhile back and haven't heard anything good or bad about them. I may go ahead and look into them, not really sure though. If I do, I will be certain to post my experiences here :)

thewritelady

Agency Information

I am wondering the same thing... does anyone know anything aout Noble Literary Agency?
I went to P&E website, and found no remarks, but I found an ad for them on craigs list..
Some say only scammers use advertising, because real agents are swamped, but yet I have seen nothing bad about them anywhere.
Please help, I don't want to end up wasting my time with them if they are not legit, but I also don't want to steer clear of them just because of an ad if they are reputable.
If anyone has dealt with them, good or bad, please let me know.
Or, if you have seen anything anywhere good or bad about them, please send me in the right direction, Thanks.
joni

James D Macdonald

Re: Agency Information

Write to them, Joni. Ask for the titles/publishers of some recent sales. Ask who's on their client list.

Legit agents will have answers.

Check the answers, because some bad guys fib.

Remember: A useful agent has sold books that you've heard of.

See also <a href="http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/004772.html" target="_new">this article</a>.

thewritelady

thank you

:hug
thank you very much,, i am obviously a newbie, and I really appreciate the advice, Thanks again, Joni

AC Crispin

When in doubt...

Writers who have questions about an individual agency should write to Writer Beware and ask. The service is free.

The email is [email protected]

We don't have all the answers, but we have more than anyone else out there. (The biggest database, that is.)

-Ann C. Crispin
Writer Beware
www.writerbeware.com

vstrauss

Noble Literary Agency

I've gotten a couple of inquiries about Noble and have done some research, and here it is...

Noble Literary Agency appears to be very new, with no sales as yet. It's an offshoot of Chameleon Brands, which looks like a successful book/gift/toy/general merchandise packaging firm. Chameleon seems to have worked with a number of major book publishers, so there does look to be quite a bit of industry experience there. However, book packaging and agenting are not the same--and there's at least a potential conflict of interest, if the literary agency were to feed authors into the packaging part of the business. Anyone signing up with them might want to scrutinize the agent-author agreement with extra care.

- Victoria

WriterTVBD

Anyone had dealings with Noble Literary Agency?

They're running ads seeking authors and writers...are they legit?

Thanks- Peg

CaoPaux

Re: Anyone had dealings with Noble Literary Agency?

Nope. It's a good Rule of Thumb that any agency that advertises (outside of trade listings like Publishers Weekly) is not one you want. If you do a search here, it should pull up the previous threads on them.

Dhewco

A search of Noble gives only the previous two posts. P&E doesn't say anything negative about them.

David

paprikapink

It was this exact question that led me here, to the Water Cooler, through a link off some other site. I followed a zillion links (well, a lot) and used several search engines to get info on this agency after seeing his ad on craigslist. Found very little. It's somehow associated with a book packager/marketing company that looks like it has had real clients. I don't know enough about this business to even know if that is a good or bad thing.

Poysonally, I'm taking the wait and see approach.

-pkpk

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Noble Literary Agency Chameleon Brands

*pinging for search engine*

Noble Literary Agency Chameleon Brands

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I pinged an old thread, which includes this:
Noble Literary Agency appears to be very new, with no sales as yet. It's an offshoot of Chameleon Brands, which looks like a successful book/gift/toy/general merchandise packaging firm. Chameleon seems to have worked with a number of major book publishers, so there does look to be quite a bit of industry experience there. However, book packaging and agenting are not the same--and there's at least a potential conflict of interest, if the literary agency were to feed authors into the packaging part of the business. Anyone signing up with them might want to scrutinize the agent-author agreement with extra care.

- Victoria

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Since I made the post above, I've seen a contract from Noble. It was a straight author-agent agreement with no funny stuff. However, the wording of the Craigslist ad, especially the exact compensation amount, sure sounds like a packaging deal.

- Victoria

johaanmueller

Noble

I intend on attempting to meet with this gentlemen within the next week or so.
I live near him and would like to find out more myself as I have two projects going right now. I will update after the meet.
JM

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
It's a very bad idea for your agent and your packager to be the same person.

the debster

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.publishersmarketplace.com
Michael Noble seeking--any clues?

I've noticed the listing for MICHAEL NOBLE @ Noble Literary Agency in nearly every craigslist.org city market.

They must really be hungry because they don't specify many restrictions and are open to most anything.

They're listed on P&E as "wanting mass market titles" (this was posted 9/04), yet their Web site claims to be formed just this year.

Has anyone heard of them? Or of Michael Noble?

Thanks,
DJLedford

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hi Deb,

There are already four threads about this, so I'm going to close this one. Check here:

<threads merged, links snipped>

In short, nothing definitive yet. Doesn't appear to be a scammer, but doesn't appear to have made sales yet as agents, either. (They have made sales as book packagers.)
(Gentle reminder for everyone: Please check the Index thread that Cao so lovingly made before posting a new thread. Thanks!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
For anyone reading Jenna's post, the other threads were combined into this one.

As to their legitimacy, Ann, Victoria or Dave is better equipped to answer.