The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Christina Arneson Publishing & Media / StandUp & Cook

Christina Arneson Publishing & Media / StandUp & Cook

Searching craigslist attempting my hand at freelance writing and came upon this site: http://www.standupandcook.com

Anyone know anything about them? They seem to be using POD technology as opposed to being a vanity press but beyond that I don't know. Going to look up the people behind the site now.
    Last edited by Lyra Jean; 02-21-2007 at 11:27 PM.
    Facebook

My history Blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear

My Quilting Blog: A Stitch in Time

WIP: For Love or Country rough draft
    Chapter One complete 2,034

You have to pay to join. Her explanation why:

But you have to join. And that is going to cost you $25.00. Why $25? I don't really know why I picked that amount. It seemed to me to be enough for people to stop and think, 'do I really want to do this.' I'm looking for less than 100 people to populate this publishing company, so please don't think that I am going to steal away to the Caribbean on your money. I'm actually going to donate it to the National Autism Association when we're all said and done.
    I feel God in this Chili's.
    -Pam Beesley

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Hmmm. Definitely POD. Considering the experience she touts in "traditional" publishing, she sure uses a lot of vanity come-on phrases. Her literary agency seems geared more toward publicity and marketing than sales, and there's also this: http://www.christinaarneson.com/

Niche cookbooks can do well with POD, but there's potential for conflict of interest, IMHO. Resist any pressure to buy extra promo packages.

ETA: HA! Sassenach found the catch. Avoid.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Thanks for the word up. It seemed fishy.
    Facebook

My history Blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear

My Quilting Blog: A Stitch in Time

WIP: For Love or Country rough draft
    Chapter One complete 2,034

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Sites are gone. Literary Agency IPMG is closed. Christina Arneson is now here: http://www.workingmediaproductions.com/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: