Hi Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penny Graham

Registered
Reaction score
I live in the country on five acres of woods, in T
Wanted to finally introduce myself as one of the newest newbies. I have been here for a few days with some specific questions which have been so generously answered by so many of you. What a great group of people I am so proud to have joined. I'm embarrased that I didn't do this sooner, and have been trying to learn all the rules and things to know and understand about this site. I'm Penny Graham and I'm just another writer trying to make it with writing and you guys have been invaluable. I love animals, especially dogs, and wish I could do what they do on Animal Cops for a living, but have to content myself with helping strays find homes and keep an eye out for them. Out here in the country people drop them off and it's pretty easy to spot a new scared dog wandering around. I hope to write more about dogs, books that used to be popular when I was a kid. Books like Lad of Sunnybank series, White Fang, Shag, Call of the Wild, Treve...these instilled such of love of dogs in me when I was 6 and I never got over it. I don't see many books like these now. Mostly I see How to raise, breed, train, etc, but no stories. Is there anyone out there that thinks there is a crying shortage of these books? Anyway, I'm so happy to be here and thanks to all who started and maintained this site.

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Penny! Yes, don't miss the Animals & Nature forum...pets are welcome too. I love books about nature and animals.

One of my favorite lines from Call of the Wild-
"And when, on the still cold nights, he pointed his nose at a star and howled long and wolflike, it was his ancestors, dead and dust, pointing nose at star and howling down through the centuries and through him."

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Penny!

Keyboard Hound

Old kid. Tough skin!!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Penny. Another animal lover here. With us, it's cats. My daughter is allergic to dogs.

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
Hi Penny, and welcome to AW! Your five acres in the woods just took away every excuse you could ever have NOT to be a successful writer--you already have the writer's refuge the rest of us fantaci... fantizise..... dream about every day!

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Penny! I love your "Best piece of advice": Everything's always okay in the end; if it isn't okay then it isn't the end.

Can I keep it? (pweeese?) I promise to attribute properly! :)

ltd.

Last edited:

Penny Graham

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Penny! I love your "Best piece of advice": Everything's always okay in the end; if it isn't okay then it isn't the end.

Can I keep it? (pweeese?) I promise to attribute properly! :)

ltd.
Thank you all for the wonderful warm welcome! And Limited Time Author, help yourself to that phrase. I did. I saw it running endlessly across a computer while I was working. I see these things all night and wonder "who comes up with this stuff?" Another one was "raising teenagers is like trying to nail Jello to a tree". And then there's : Some people are like slinkies. They don't really have any purpose in life, but they still bring a smile to your face as you push them down the stairs. Anyway, see you guys all over the board, I'm still trying to figure out a lot of it. Practice, Practice Practice.

Penny Graham

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Penny, and welcome to AW! Your five acres in the woods just took away every excuse you could ever have NOT to be a successful writer--you already have the writer's refuge the rest of us fantaci... fantizise..... dream about every day!
I try to tell the agents and publishers that, but it gets me nowhere. LoL...Thanks for the welcome. You guys are all great!

Status
Not open for further replies.