• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Firelight Publishing

Julie Worth

Anyone familiar with Firelight Publishing? It's quite small, with only four authors listed, but seems to have reputation for quality. Sales may be another matter. Checking Amazon, their books don’t seem to be doing well, at least presently. (And I can’t imagine they sell too many through their website.) Would getting published though such a small outfit help one’s career?

NomadPress

Re: Firelight Publishing?

Their web site hasn't been updated in 2 years. That should tell you something. Small isn't necessarily bad, but these people don't have many avenues for selling their books so keeping their web site current should be crucial. That it is so out of date is a strong indicator that something isn't going very well for them.

Julie Worth

And Firelight’s retailer links are broken. That’s not good.
Nomad Press looks right prosperous by comparison. It’s a shame you don’t handle fiction.

NomadPress

As I said before, small isn't a bad thing as long as you can get reviews and sell books. We wouldn't do fiction--too hard to find a space in the market. We're very happy doing nonfiction. Real life (or what passes for it) is much more interesting than anything anyone could make up.

Jaxler

Then why do people continue to read it?

And more importantly...write it?

If my real life was half as interesting as the fiction I write...

I wouldn't be writing anything at all.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Well, looks like they didn't survive: their site's gone entirely.