• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Editor] Alan Rinzler

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with Alan Rinzler, who is the sr. editor at Jossey-Bass. Specifically, I am looking for any commentary on his editorial services.

Thanks!

GAM

Registered
Reaction score
Several of us received invitations to a conference and private consultation about how to publish your book with Rinzler, stating he was a New York City publisher. There is, of course, a fee for the consultation. Upon checking, we found he may have been a NYC publisher many (30) years ago, but now seems to live in SF and makes the rounds of these conferences selling his editing service. Jossey-Bass is a children´s book publisher which looks to be rather small. As for myself, I don't think I will pay to have a "consultation" with someone who is probably only going to promote his editing business.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Jossey-Bass is a really well-known children's educational publisher. I don't know anything about Alan Rinzler, though.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Alan Rinzler is currently the executive editor of Jossey-Bass--which is, as Nomad said, a major children's educational book publisher, an imprint of Wiley. Mr. Rinzler has a long history as both an in-house editor (with Simon & Schuster and Macmillan, among others) and a freelance editor. All this is easily confirmed by taking a look at his website. Check out the list of authors with whom he has worked. You'll recognize some names.

Seems to me he's highly qualified to conduct seminars on how to get published.

- Victoria

GAM

Registered
Reaction score
nomad & victoriastrauss - thanks much for the information. Obviously, we didn´t check thoroughly enough.