• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sterling & Ross / Cambridge House Press / Metropol Literary (Drew Nederpelt)

ImaWriterToo

Registered
Reaction score
I think I just answered my own question. On P&E, the two are listed one right after the other, and the Cambridge "House" Books is not recommended, whereas the Cambridge Books has no such tag and is listed as an imprint of Write Words, Inc. In addition to that, the Cambridge University Press is listed, too. It's funny to me for three separate publishing companies all named Cambridge. Someone might get confused. Uhmmm...like me.

Oh, I forgot. Here's the link: http://www.writewordsinc.com/

Last edited:

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Well, Cambridge University Press belongs to Cambridge University, so the odds of them considering anything else were pretty slim! University Presses are practically their own species when it comes to publishing anyway, so they're not that bothered by similar names unless someone it's an obvious attempt at infringement.

When it comes to similarly names publishers, the obvious attempts at confusion are usually things like "Oxford Home Publishing" vs "Oxford Home Press". Cambridge House Books and Cambridge Books are probably just following the same line of thought - name ourselves after where we're based - and figuring their target audiences are different enough (authors vs customers, essentially) that there won't be a problem.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Well, whaddya know, Cambridge House Press in gone. Sterling & Ross remains, as does Metropol.

Bookie

Registered
Reaction score
I am really surprised by this thread. Drew was a very laid back, honest agent...He got great results for me..but he also recommended I start my own company through which he could sell/market my book. I didnt realize he was an incompetent agent who couldnt secure deals beyond his own imprint. Hes an honest, well meaning agent, perhaps entrepreneurial.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sterling & Ross site hasn't been updated since '12, nor have they published anything this year.

ETA: Site gone by end of '14. *dusts hands*

Last edited: