• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Global Literary Management

mihc

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Everyonewhosanyone.com lists these guys, and I can't find Global Lit in your index. Preditors and editors has Stephanie Abou listed as an agent (with verified sales), but I cannot find anything else about the other agents. Anyone heard of them? Thanks :)

Global Literary Management
37 West 20th St., Ste. 805
New York, NY 10011
(212) 929-3050

Didier Imbot
[email protected]

Stephanie Abou
[email protected]

Sandra Zane
[email protected]

Marc Serges
[email protected]

mihc

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Double post...please ignore!

Last edited:

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Global Literary Management was set up in mid-2005. From Publishers Lunch:

"Agents Didier Imbot, Stéphanie Abou, Marc Serges, and Sandra Zane joined to form this agency, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Paris. Imbot is the founder and manager, previously publisher of Hachette’s crime/thriller imprint Le Masque/Librairie des Champs Elysées. Abou was an agent and foreign rights manager at the Joy Harris Literary Agency. Serges, who has been a scout at Franklin and Siegal, will represent clients and oversee foreign rights. Zane, also most recently at Franklin and Siegal, will run the Los Angeles office."

Don't assume that agents you find in Everyonewhosanyone are reputable--the website lists a number of marginal and/or disreputable agents.

- Victoria

mihc

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Victoria:

I assumed that everyonewhosanyone agents may require a second look, so that's why I posted here. From what I can tell, the agents at this agency *look* to be respectable. Are they worth a query do you think?

Thanks,
Mihc

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Future website: http://www.globallit.com/home.html

I find one sale for Dieder Imbot and several for Marc Serges, although they are mostly foreign rights sales on behalf of Martin Literary. No (listed) sales yet for Sandra Zane (Calif. rep), but she is active in conferences and book fairs. Stéphanie Abou has moved to Foundry + Media.

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
From today's Publisher's Lunch:

Kent D. Wolf joins Global Literary Management as an agent after eight years at Harcourt Trade Publishers, where he headed the rights department, selling titles by Umberto Eco, Jose Saramago, Joyce Carol Oates, and Rory Stewart, among others. Previously, he was a book scout with Mcinerney International and began his publishing career as an editor at Dalkey Archive Press. [email protected]

crossword

Registered
Reaction score
Lina Sion of Global Literary Management

Anyone have any experience with Lina Sion who works at Global Literary Management or know anything about her? Google turns up very little information about her.

Lina Sion used to work for Franklin & Siegal, who scouted for books that would interest the foreign market. She doesn't show up anyplace else.

Global Literary Management seems more French than anything else

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
I looked them up and their website says they represent memoirs, but doesn't say which agent. Their website is odd to say the least. Not very fancy amd shows everyone's picture and Sandra Zane is the only one with a bio, but I guess to be good it isn't necessary to be fancy. The last post here was almost a year ago. Has anyone had any dealings with them lately?

Kent Wolf has just added his bio and it says he does represent memoirs.....

http://www.globallit.com/

Last edited:

charlys

new author
Registered
Reaction score
I looked them up and their website says they represent memoirs, but doesn't say which agent. Their website is odd to say the least. Not very fancy amd shows everyone's picture and Sandra Zane is the only one with a bio, but I guess to be good it isn't necessary to be fancy. The last post here was almost a year ago. Has anyone had any dealings with them lately?

Kent Wolf has just added his bio and it says he does represent memoirs.....

http://www.globallit.com/

I just sent agent Kent Wolf an e-mail query on 10/26/09. No response yet.

dreamwriter369

Registered
Reaction score
Lina Sion....is she a good agent? i received a request today and was ecstatic. But I went to querytracker.net and it seems alot of people have gotten full requests from her lately. Anyone have any insight?

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Lina Sion....is she a good agent? i received a request today and was ecstatic. But I went to querytracker.net and it seems alot of people have gotten full requests from her lately. Anyone have any insight?

I got a request for a full on my YA urban fantasy. She's new there so she could be trying to build up a client base. There's still not a whole heckuva lot on sales for the agency.

dreamwriter369

Registered
Reaction score
I got a request for a full on my YA urban fantasy. She's new there so she could be trying to build up a client base. There's still not a whole heckuva lot on sales for the agency.

okay thanks! *fingers crossed* really need this to be the one!

rathhaven

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heard back from a submission? I got a request for a full beginning of Nov and though it's a little early still, there don't seem to be any quick rejections of the several manuscript requests on QT.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything, although she only requested my manuscript on November 23.

dreamwriter369

Registered
Reaction score
I had a request on November 11th and have yet to here back. She did say in her email though that her response time was about 6 weeks. This will either make or break the holidays for me. I am supposed to here back around December 23rd. I wish everyone who has a request out the best of luck and happy holidays. =)

rathhaven

Registered
Reaction score
Got a very nice, personal, encouraging, helpful rejection on the full submission from her assistant today--just a couple days short of 4 weeks. Seems she got quite a few fantasy submissions and is looking for a few more realistic ms. Best of luck to the rest of you.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the bad news, rathhaven. But thank you for updating - it's always nice to get an idea of where you might be sitting in her queue.

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Lily!!! We AWers are so proud of you!!!!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Got a very nice, personal, encouraging, helpful rejection on the full submission from her assistant today--just a couple days short of 4 weeks. Seems she got quite a few fantasy submissions and is looking for a few more realistic ms. Best of luck to the rest of you.

Sounds like I got a very similar rejection from Ms. Sion's assistant, though there were several manuscript-specific comments (including a line that let me know she'd read all the way to the end). Total turnaround time was about a week on the query, a month and a half on the full.

I'd recommend Ms. Sion as an agent - she and her assistant were prompt, polite, and, as rathhaven mentioned, encouraging - and if this manuscript doesn't find a home, I'm sure I'll query Ms. Sion again.

dreamwriter369

Registered
Reaction score
The painful wait

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but thats wonderful that they will reconsider you if another agent can't find a home for your novel. I'm sure you will find the right agent!

I still haven't heard back on my November 13th submission. Ugh, I am sure it is a rejection, I just hate having to wait to hear about it.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the rejection, but thats wonderful that they will reconsider you if another agent can't find a home for your novel. I'm sure you will find the right agent!

I still haven't heard back on my November 13th submission. Ugh, I am sure it is a rejection, I just hate having to wait to hear about it.

I hear you on the waiting. And as far as querying Ms. Sion again, it would be with a new novel. Actually, I'm working on one right now that I'm really excited about it... :)