The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Literary Management

Sockpuppet

Global Literary Management

Everyonewhosanyone.com lists these guys, and I can't find Global Lit in your index. Preditors and editors has Stephanie Abou listed as an agent (with verified sales), but I cannot find anything else about the other agents. Anyone heard of them? Thanks

37 West 20th St., Ste. 805
    New York, NY 10011
    (212) 929-3050

Didier Imbot
    didier@globallit.com

Stephanie Abou
    stephanie@globallit.com

Sandra Zane
    sandra@globallit.com

Marc Serges
    marc@globallit.com

Sockpuppet

Double post...please ignore!
    Last edited by mihc; 02-06-2007 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Double post...sorry!

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Global Literary Management was set up in mid-2005. From Publishers Lunch:

"Agents Didier Imbot, Stéphanie Abou, Marc Serges, and Sandra Zane joined to form this agency, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Paris. Imbot is the founder and manager, previously publisher of Hachette’s crime/thriller imprint Le Masque/Librairie des Champs Elysées. Abou was an agent and foreign rights manager at the Joy Harris Literary Agency. Serges, who has been a scout at Franklin and Siegal, will represent clients and oversee foreign rights. Zane, also most recently at Franklin and Siegal, will run the Los Angeles office."

Don't assume that agents you find in Everyonewhosanyone are reputable--the website lists a number of marginal and/or disreputable agents.

- Victoria

Sockpuppet
    Victoria:

I assumed that everyonewhosanyone agents may require a second look, so that's why I posted here. From what I can tell, the agents at this agency *look* to be respectable. Are they worth a query do you think?

Thanks,
    Mihc

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Future website: http://www.globallit.com/home.html

I find one sale for Dieder Imbot and several for Marc Serges, although they are mostly foreign rights sales on behalf of Martin Literary. No (listed) sales yet for Sandra Zane (Calif. rep), but she is active in conferences and book fairs. Stéphanie Abou has moved to Foundry + Media.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Chalice the Hatchet Knight Karen Duvall's Avatar
    From today's Publisher's Lunch:

Kent D. Wolf joins Global Literary Management as an agent after eight years at Harcourt Trade Publishers, where he headed the rights department, selling titles by Umberto Eco, Jose Saramago, Joyce Carol Oates, and Rory Stewart, among others. Previously, he was a book scout with Mcinerney International and began his publishing career as an editor at Dalkey Archive Press. Kent@globallit.com
    Karen Duvall
    Blog
    Website
    Twitter
    Facebook

KNIGHT'S CURSE -- A Publisher's Weekly Top 10 Pick for Fall 2011 (Harlequin Luna)
    DARKEST KNIGHT -- Sequel to KNIGHT'S CURSE released March 2012 (Harlequin Luna)
    SUN STORM -- Novella in Harlequin's TIL THE WORLD ENDS Anthology

practical experience, FTW

Lina Sion of Global Literary Management

Anyone have any experience with Lina Sion who works at Global Literary Management or know anything about her? Google turns up very little information about her.

Lina Sion used to work for Franklin & Siegal, who scouted for books that would interest the foreign market. She doesn't show up anyplace else.

Global Literary Management seems more French than anything else

The web site is under construction and there's a note directing people looking for representation in France:

http://www.globallit.com/

practical experience, FTW
    I looked them up and their website says they represent memoirs, but doesn't say which agent. Their website is odd to say the least. Not very fancy amd shows everyone's picture and Sandra Zane is the only one with a bio, but I guess to be good it isn't necessary to be fancy. The last post here was almost a year ago. Has anyone had any dealings with them lately?

Kent Wolf has just added his bio and it says he does represent memoirs.....

Last edited by SusanH; 03-20-2009 at 02:17 AM.
    " OLDER CHICKS RULE"

new author

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Emerita View Post
    I looked them up and their website says they represent memoirs, but doesn't say which agent. Their website is odd to say the least. Not very fancy amd shows everyone's picture and Sandra Zane is the only one with a bio, but I guess to be good it isn't necessary to be fancy. The last post here was almost a year ago. Has anyone had any dealings with them lately?

Kent Wolf has just added his bio and it says he does represent memoirs.....

I just sent agent Kent Wolf an e-mail query on 10/26/09. No response yet.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Lina Sion....is she a good agent? i received a request today and was ecstatic. But I went to querytracker.net and it seems alot of people have gotten full requests from her lately. Anyone have any insight?
    Young Adult Contemporary: submitting, 77,000 words
    Sequel: In progress 48,00 words
    Paranormal young adult: In progress
    Young Adult: Developing

4 fulls rejected, 4 partial rejected, 2 fulls waiting

Queries: 200+ Sent

Just got to keep trying

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon Saskatoonistan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwriter369 View Post
    Lina Sion....is she a good agent? i received a request today and was ecstatic. But I went to querytracker.net and it seems alot of people have gotten full requests from her lately. Anyone have any insight?
    I got a request for a full on my YA urban fantasy. She's new there so she could be trying to build up a client base. There's still not a whole heckuva lot on sales for the agency.

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!! AGENTED AGAIN February 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood.” Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Saskatoonistan View Post
    I got a request for a full on my YA urban fantasy. She's new there so she could be trying to build up a client base. There's still not a whole heckuva lot on sales for the agency.
    okay thanks! *fingers crossed* really need this to be the one!

Just got to keep trying

Anyone heard back from a submission? I got a request for a full beginning of Nov and though it's a little early still, there don't seem to be any quick rejections of the several manuscript requests on QT.

I haven't heard anything, although she only requested my manuscript on November 23.
    THE SOUND OF LIFE AND EVERYTHING (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, May 2015)
    DON'T VOTE FOR ME (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, August 2015)
    DON'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE (Bloomsbury Children's, Winter 2019)

www.kristavandolzer.blogspot.com

Red face

I had a request on November 11th and have yet to here back. She did say in her email though that her response time was about 6 weeks. This will either make or break the holidays for me. I am supposed to here back around December 23rd. I wish everyone who has a request out the best of luck and happy holidays. =)

Just got to keep trying

Got a very nice, personal, encouraging, helpful rejection on the full submission from her assistant today--just a couple days short of 4 weeks. Seems she got quite a few fantasy submissions and is looking for a few more realistic ms. Best of luck to the rest of you.

Sorry about the bad news, rathhaven. But thank you for updating - it's always nice to get an idea of where you might be sitting in her queue.
    THE SOUND OF LIFE AND EVERYTHING (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, May 2015)

Congrats Lily!!! We AWers are so proud of you!!!!
    i twitter.
    i blog, too.
    Represented by the ever-fabulous Jodi Reamer of Writers House, LLC.

Quote Originally Posted by rathhaven View Post
    Got a very nice, personal, encouraging, helpful rejection on the full submission from her assistant today--just a couple days short of 4 weeks. Seems she got quite a few fantasy submissions and is looking for a few more realistic ms. Best of luck to the rest of you.
    Sounds like I got a very similar rejection from Ms. Sion's assistant, though there were several manuscript-specific comments (including a line that let me know she'd read all the way to the end). Total turnaround time was about a week on the query, a month and a half on the full.

I'd recommend Ms. Sion as an agent - she and her assistant were prompt, polite, and, as rathhaven mentioned, encouraging - and if this manuscript doesn't find a home, I'm sure I'll query Ms. Sion again.

The painful wait

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but thats wonderful that they will reconsider you if another agent can't find a home for your novel. I'm sure you will find the right agent!

I still haven't heard back on my November 13th submission. Ugh, I am sure it is a rejection, I just hate having to wait to hear about it.

Just got to keep trying

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwriter369 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the rejection, but thats wonderful that they will reconsider you if another agent can't find a home for your novel. I'm sure you will find the right agent!

I still haven't heard back on my November 13th submission. Ugh, I am sure it is a rejection, I just hate having to wait to hear about it.
    I hear you on the waiting. And as far as querying Ms. Sion again, it would be with a new novel. Actually, I'm working on one right now that I'm really excited about it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast