Favorite band(s)?

Gabriel

Not just your average bear.
Registered
Reaction score
The killers, Korn, Depeche mode, Linkin park, Scarling, Panic!atthedisco, The sex pistols, My chemical romance and HIM. They ultimately rock.

Reaction score
Goo Goo Dolls, Train, Texas...

Hmm; I can only think of three. Answering this question has made me realise most of my favourites are soloists...

ETA ^^^ Linkin Park; how could I forget? So that's four. Only need one more.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Sugarland. Evanescence. Nickelback. Lonestar. Linkin Park. Hinder (assuming they don't become a one-hit wonder). Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Yes, it's a weird mix. LOL You should hear the mixed CD I listen to at the gym...hehehe....it's 130 songs...75 artists. Everything from Chris DeBurgh, Billy Joel, all the bands listed above...to "Gangsta's Paradise", the Beastie Boys, etc.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, or just plain call me old, but I still like The Beatles. What song? Abbey Road side 2.

And I barely recognize half the band names listed in this thread. I do remember a couple of songs by Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I'd probably recognize a song or two by one of the others, but I'd have a hard time matching the song to a band.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
some of my favorites-

the strokes, the killers, muse, bloc party, coldplay, postal service, stars, death cab for cutie....

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I like the Foo Fighters.

That's okay, right?

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
R.E.M.
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
The Beatles
Bob Dylan
Fleetwood Mac

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Yes, Foo Fighters is okay. I like The Tragically Hip, The Doobie Brothers, Barenaked Ladies, Great Big Sea, Eagles, The Police, Green Day, and my brother's band in Buffalo, NY: THE FEAST!

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Nightwish
Pink Floyd
Five for Fighting
Boston
Enya
Linkin Park

I probably have more that I listen to a lot, but I can't think of them right now. XD

~DragonHeart~

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Bands: Maroon 5, Train, Beach Boys, Vertical Horizon, Evanescense.

But my favorite artists (except for Maroon 5. When are they coming out w/ a new album?) are usually soloists. Corinne Bailey Rae is my current fave.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Nobody likes the hippity hoppity music? Saw Tribe Called Quest and Diggable Planets last year. Jay-Z, Sean Paul, Ying-Yang Twins, David Banner, Young Jeezy.

I'm glad Bravo mentioned Bloc Party. Other bands I like off the top of my head: Kaiser Chiefs, Velvet Revolver, Gorillaz, 311, Keane, The Bravery, Weezer. Police, Coldplay, Prince.

Can't really pick a top 5.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
The Devil Dogs, the Supersuckers, the Clash, Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers, Chuck Berry, Teengenerate, the Jam, the Sex Pistols, the Crumbs...

I also like classic rock like Zepplin, Journey and Boston (if I'm in the right mood)...

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I'm eclectic. I do enjoy most, of the bands that have already been mentioned including Dire Straits, Queen, The Isley Brothers...
I once met a man who hated Queen. My arms hurt REALLY after the wedgie I gave him, and I damn near sprained my ankle when I kick him in the...*ahem*

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I've shared my SAT scores, my writing insecurities, and I'm even willing to talk about childbirth and my sex life. But I've gotta draw the line. It's really none of your business what kind of music I like.