Release date for Harry Potter

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
It will be a happy ending. Voldemort's dead, his evil gone forever. It's a small sacrifice to lose a gifted, generous, wonderful boy like Harry Potter for the rest of the world to live in peace.

Don't cry for me Muggletina.

If Harry does die in the last book, I think everyone would have to agree that the kid had a really crappy life! Abusive foster-parents, and then getting banged up for the next seven years fighting a maniacal psycopath and his followers? An extreme case of child abuse. Sad, very sad.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
If Harry does die in the last book, I think everyone would have to agree that the kid had a really crappy life! Abusive foster-parents, and then getting banged up for the next seven years fighting a maniacal psycopath and his followers? An extreme case of child abuse. Sad, very sad.

All for the greater good, JD.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score

I've got to agree with this. It won't be a happy ending for me if he dies, because he's had a pretty crappy life. He deserves to kill Voldemort and then live out the rest of his life in happiness. Ok, I have to remind myself that I am talking about a fictional character here, LOL:D

I have to say, too, that while I'll I'm extremely happy to finally have a date, I'm almost sad that it's the end and we'll never have a new Harry Potter book again.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Well, SOMEONE'S gotta die. Ron? Hermione?

EDIT:

Oh! I got it. At the climax Ginny will die, in Harry's arms, while Voldemort cackles away manically as lightening flashes in the background. Then Harry's face will cloud over with rage, and he'll kick Evil Overlord arse.

Perfect.

Last edited:

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I heard it would be 7-7-07, but then, the person I heard it from also loves unicorns and pigs, so :Shrug:

That was the original theory. But, then, a) that's the anniversary of the London bombings and b) she still hadn't finished the book when that rumor was started.

I still don't know if she's done the book, but you know her editor is probably going through each chapter as she finishes it. The cover art is probably nearly finished. They'll put the world on hold to get it done.

I'd hate to have to write a book that fast. I think she only started, what, last December?

Or was it December 2005, I forget.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, I think it will probably be one of the Weasleys, but not Ron. I also think Snape will die, proving to all that he really was in the Order the whole time. I also think there's a possibility that Neville will die, but I don't know how.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
That was the original theory. But, then, a) that's the anniversary of the London bombings and b) she still hadn't finished the book when that rumor was started.

I still don't know if she's done the book, but you know her editor is probably going through each chapter as she finishes it. The cover art is probably nearly finished. They'll put the world on hold to get it done.

I'd hate to have to write a book that fast. I think she only started, what, last December?

I think she started it in December 2005, but she already had parts of it written from years back. She knew the final word was going to be scar. I wonder if it still is. Told you I was a nerd about all of it, lol.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, I think it will probably be one of the Weasleys, but not Ron. I also think Snape will die, proving to all that he really was in the Order the whole time. I also think there's a possibility that Neville will die, but I don't know how.

If Neville dies, he will die being the hero.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Yeah, but even with the last chapter already written, she's put in SO much stuff between book one and book seven, that I'm sure she's writing stuff she never planned for.

Forcing things to fit into a chapter you've already written doesn't always work.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but even with the last chapter already written, she's put in SO much stuff between book one and book seven, that I'm sure she's writing stuff she never planned for.

Forcing things to fit into a chapter you've already written doesn't always work.

Oh, I agree. I don't know how she did it all. She wasn't even finished in December of 2006. Plus, I read in an interview that she was finding it very hard to finish it, because of a range of a wide range of emotions.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I've got to agree with this. It won't be a happy ending for me if he dies, because he's had a pretty crappy life. He deserves to kill Voldemort and then live out the rest of his life in happiness. Ok, I have to remind myself that I am talking about a fictional character here, LOL:D

I have to say, too, that while I'll I'm extremely happy to finally have a date, I'm almost sad that it's the end and we'll never have a new Harry Potter book again.

Who deserves anything? Nobody.

We all get one thing guaranteed: a cold grave when we're done.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Who deserves anything? Nobody.

We all get one thing guaranteed: a cold grave when we're done.

While you're right about that, since I've spent so many years with these characters, I would really like the ending to play out like I would like it to. Doesn't mean it will, but I can hope.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com

I agree- I crash under pressure. Back in HS, I failed my essay class, not because I couldn't write an amazing essay, but because they asked you to speed through it and that immeidtaley put my writing juices on "E".

I can't wait for it to get on store shelves. Oh, what a happy (and sad) day that'll be....

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
While you're right about that, since I've spent so many years with these characters, I would really like the ending to play out like I would like it to. Doesn't mean it will, but I can hope.

if it doesn't, you can always go over to the HP fan fiction sites and drown your sorrows in the alternate universe plots. ;)

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Ohhhhhh, I cannot wait! I'm such a dork about these things. BTW, there's no way Harry dies, Rowling has already said that this is not a possibility. Am I the only one hoping that this isn't the final book? Perhaps another series or something? Rowling says that she doesn't intend to write any more, but that she won't rule anything out. Here's to hoping she misses the limelight.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
Rowling did say that she might write an encyclopedia, listing all of the characters, with their background info, and what happened to them. She's got filing cabinets full of stuff on the characters, so I don't imagine it would be very difficult for her to do. That would be fun.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh, I cannot wait! I'm such a dork about these things. BTW, there's no way Harry dies, Rowling has already said that this is not a possibility. Am I the only one hoping that this isn't the final book? Perhaps another series or something? Rowling says that she doesn't intend to write any more, but that she won't rule anything out. Here's to hoping she misses the limelight.

Where did you read this? In one interview I read with her, she said it was a possibility that he would die. I'd like to read it to make myself feel better.