To Blog or Not to Blog: That is the question

suzymccoy

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rhyolitesite.com
Ok, I have been a good girl, well maybe not a girl but older person, well not that old but everyone else may think so. Anyway, been a good person and read through the blogging forum. My questions are simple, what has a blog done for you? I am trying to make up my mind if I need a blog, want a blog, or if I should just blog and not think about it. I have heard about this blogging for some time now, seems like it is taking the Internet by storm. I am still trying to figure out just exactly what a blog is about versus a web site. Let me know what you think about it. All help appreciated. And do they have Spell Check?????

IrishScribbler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coffee-stainedwriter.blogspot.com
For me, blogging is a way to share my thoughts on writing in a public forum and (hopefully) spark thought and discussion among readers.

It's also a place I can talk about my writing whenever I want without people getting that glassy-eyed look they sometimes do....

suzymccoy

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rhyolitesite.com
It's also a place I can talk about my writing whenever I want without people getting that glassy-eyed look they sometimes do....

I know what you mean about the glassy eyes. It seems that people like to read what you write, but really don’t want to hear about it. Ok, then it is a way to get things off your chest without boring everyone. If they read it great! If they don’t read it, well that’s great too. Hmmmmmmmm, sharing what's on my mind is a scary thought! Half the time I don’t even know. Thanks for the reply.