The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Job listing] Go Freelance / Freelance Work Exchange

wyldmuse

[Job listing] Go Freelance / Freelance Work Exchange

I searched the board and found one reference to this job bank website from over a year ago, with one negative and one positive comment each. Has anyone else had any experience, good or bad, with Freelance Work Express? I'm rather dubious of subscriber-based job boards, but I'd like to fill some time between assignments and pick up some quick projects.

Lorne

Anybody register with Freelance Work Exchange?

Good afternoon everybody,

I was trolling the net for leads I came across these folks:

www.freelanceworkexchange.com/find-work.html

I played a bit of e-mail tag with their customer service department, and found that the yearly fee for this service was about $200 (after the 7-day trial for $2.95). Of course, the sales rep guaranteed I'd make at least that much back in my first few assignments, but I'd thought I'd check with the writers here before giving these folks my credit card number and all.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Lorne

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

Freelance Work Exchange

There's mention of this place over in the Freelance forum.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10972
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Freelance Work Exchange

06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
    Still Seaking

Freelance Work Exchange

Has anyone had any dealings with this company http://www.freelanceworkexchange.com/ ?
    Good or bad? I'm thinking about joining but wanted to check here first.

If this is anywhere else, sorry, I searched and couldn't find anything at all.

SS
    06-06-2006, 05:16 PM
    Sassenach
    Inexplicability Assessment

Avoid like the plague. They take your money and give nothing, and when you try to cancel, make it very difficult.
    06-07-2006, 10:14 AM
    CaoPaux
    Mostly Harmless

Here's where they've come up on B&BC before:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537

There's more mention of them on the Freelance board.
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I posted similar questions about FWE on the Usenet in the past upon occasion, just to see. No one of the few scattered responses ever responded with anything positive. My recommendation for you would be to try the $3, seven-day trial and respond to any conceivable listing to just see if anybody responds. You can always decline something that's out of your league. My gut feeling is that you'll get no bites, period.

If you do spend the three bucks, add your experience to this thread...

What they seem to be doing is legal. However, I would doubt their $30/month, $360/yr service is anywhere worth it. I saw their listings on another's computer, and their listings were few, and most were very ancient and most likely quite dead also. A reputable agency should at least pull their deadwood.

I'm still waiting on anybody having a favorable FWE experience other than the one on AW.
    Last edited by SWDetroit; 07-19-2006 at 05:04 AM.
    Gary Schnabl
    SW Detroit--two miles NORTH! of Canada--Windsor, that is...

ICAO
    ---------

Went down mid-'13, and domain has been a series of "work from home" come-ons since.
    ICAO
    ---------