The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] SexyScribe

Kate St Amour

[Publisher] SexyScribe

Back in October I sent in a submission. I sent a follow up email in January on the 14th, and haven't heard a word from SexyScribe. Is this typical for them?
    I'm debating whether I should pull the piece and shop it around. If they typically have a long response time, I'll let it sit with them a bit longer. Otherwise, It think I'll pull it and submit it elsewhere.

Thank you all for your input!

~Kate

veingloree

Re: SexyScribe

I got a vague and confusing reply that did not explicitly accept my submissions, with a much reduced pay offer (compared with the call I wrote in answer to, ~$20->~$5 as I recall). So I would not go out of my way to pursue this market. Just my opinion, of course.

KatYares

My experience with SexyScribe is the same as Veinglory's. They accepted my story, butI still haven't received payment and still have no idea if the story has been published.

Kate St Amour

Thank you both for your input!!
    ~Kate

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

SexyScribe

Did y'all get your pay/pub issues resolved?

http://www.sexyscribe.com/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site became placeholder Aug 2006. Forum is gone as well.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: