• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Content site] Just Articles

Reece10

Hi Everyone,

Ugghhh, look another one of these sites asking writers to:

write for $5.00 per 450-600 wds or $3.00 per 250-300 wds articles about various topics and you can easily write about 20-30 articles per week and earn $100-$150 per week cash."

This is one is from justarticles.com

Reece

Aquilegia

Sick, isn't it?

Hello Reece10,

How interesting that you should post this. I just posted about the low rates that I had been working via my own site (see: "how to set rates -- feeling torn") and justarticles.com was how I got this wretched idea in the first place (I oughta sue!). The woman who originally ran it was a retired journalist (Sandra somthing). She was selling Web content articles for, if I remember correctly, about $11 for 400-600 words and $14 for three 250-300 articles. In January she put the site up for sale on Ebay for about $300 USD and in the description claimed she was making several thousand USD a month from it. A statement on the site said she was quitting to spend more time with family. Somebody snatched up the site at the "Buy it now" price and the new owner raised the prices for content articles. After that I just ignored it. I didn't notice anything that said he was trying to hire people. Yuck. Well, presumably he can people in third world countries for cheap, edit their work, and sell the articles at a profit.

These Web masters (most of them are "content site affiliate marketers") live in a world of their own. They're going to places like elance.com and rentacoder.com, offering the going rate of $5/article (sometimes up to 1000 words per article) and they always get bids. Then they have the cheek to put up pre-fab notices about "must be original content", "all rights go the buyer" and "native English speakers only", as if your average writer assumes plagiarism is acceptable. To make matters worse, more than a few e-marketeing "gurus" encourage their followers to do this.

Having now recovered from my period of temporary insanity, I have stopped participating in this kind of thing.

Best regards,
Aquilegia (Marie)

Lorne

Seems they're having some ethics issues . . .

I just visited out friends at www.justarticles.com, and it appears that their audacity doesn't end with insultingly low payment to authors.

I noticed that, while they insist on original content from their authors, they also sell term papers to students (check the 'News and Information' box on the left side of the home page); it appears to be acceptable for them to foster plagiarism among their customers while not tolerating it in their own business.

I hope the folks at justarticles get exactly the quality they pay for . . . but I fear they're just taking advantage of good people who just want to be published.

Maybe this site and others like it should be mentioned in the 'Bewares' forum?

Lorne

Lorne

Betty W01

Re: Seems they're having some ethics issues . . .

I'm moving this over to BC&B...

skylarburris

Re: Seems they're having some ethics issues . . .

From thier site:

Do you really want someone whose native language is not English, completing your research paper? These papers are delivered to you filled with spelling and grammatical errors.

You mean grammatical errors such as using a comma to seperate the subject from the verb? ("someone, completing your paper")

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
JustArticles.com

Well, the website is still painful to read. Anyone have better news?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's cleaned up some. Submission service is gone.