Has the old Blogger been locked?

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
I tried to log into my old Blogger account this morning and instead of logging me in, a new page came up telling me that Blogger made huge changes bla, bla, and that I need to reconfirm my password to update my bloggs. No option was given to continue to the old version of blogger.

Are we are forced now to subscribe to the new blogger?

Anybody else had this experience today?

[FONT=&quot]I don’t want to upgrade my blogs to the new system if I do not have to, but looks like I have no choice now.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Hi Othmar. You're describing one of my current nightmares. However, I just logged into Blogger dashboard and it still lets me post the old way. It still wants me to switch, and says so above the create-a-blog area but so far hasn't forced me to.

Could it be a browser issue? Computers have been known to get wonky out of pure spite.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Old blogger seems to be going out quite a bit.

I think they're going to force you to switch whether you like it or not pretty soon.

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
Thanks for the input. When I tried to log in –several times – it did not give any options. It used to do that until yesterday. Anyway I updated to the new version last night, but now I am having a problem to log into my AdSense account. The new blogger version would not accept my existing account with Google. Long story and a few stern emails to Google later, an actual real live person is now trying to fix my new problem.:)

Hey, aka eraser love your new avatar!:Thumbs:

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
Update: On Google / Blogger saga.

Google helped me to fix up my AdSense log-in. Good, now I can log into AdSense again and see how much money I make each day (Now that right there is wishful thinking). :)

But it seems that for every little help there is a price to be paid. Since my AdSense log in fixed, it is now Blogger that refuses to accept my log in information (It worked beatifully yesterday). It keeps telling me to use my Google account, which is what I do.

So more stern emails have been sent to Google and we will see tomorrow what they come up with now. If it where not for the daily 500+ visitors I get on my blogs and all the work I put into each blog I would scrap them all and start over with someone else like typepad or so. I have just about had it with Google and Blogger.

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles with the new Blogger, huntwriter - I went beta pretty fast after they launched and most of the issues I had with it are fixed. I'm sure that there are other great platforms out there, I hope they work things out for you soon. Thanks for sharing, it will certainly help other bloggers on Blogger out there.