• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Amira Press

BrendaS

Registered
Reaction score
One of my books has sold about 1000 copies so far. Another one, a few hundred. Another one, just ok. The high selling one is in my new series, so I'm hoping the sequels will sell decently. That great one made the others start really selling again. I think it depends some on the type of book you write.

Last edited:

madmumbler

Self-declared Queen of Dark Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
They're a small press, my book hasn't been out two months yet, and it was only out a couple of weeks during the last period but I earned royalties as was promptly paid. (It's going to third party sites starting this month, so sales will pick up.) They've always been fast to answer questions, and I have no complaints with them. Nice group of people to work with.

Lesli.

madmumbler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
Okay, computer ate my first attempt, so if it comes through twice, sorry.

So far, so good, I love working with Amira Press. Royalties and statements are sent out promptly, the editing is great, and I love the artwork. They answer questions promptly and they've been fantastic to work with. Great group of people that I hope to stay with for a long time.

They recently updated their submissions requirements, so check their submissions page before you send a query..

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
I'll 3rd what BrendaS and madmumbler have said (although my novella with Amira hasn't reached 1000 copies worth of sales);)

They are terrific people to work with. No warnings or red lights from my experience.

Canadian writer

Heather Matthews
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.heathermatthews.ca
I recently signed a contract for an e-book with Amira Press, under a pen name, and they have been amazing to work with. I would recommend this publisher to anyone, and I hope to do more work with them in the future.

Canadian writer

Heather Matthews
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.heathermatthews.ca
I am working with Amira again, on another, longer e-book. Everything is smooth sailing so far, as they are very businesslike and pleasant. They are great to work with. I would encourage anyone to submit to them.

greeneyes

Registered
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone had any current news or thoughts on Amira Press. I've read a couple of their books and enjoyed them. In my very inexpert opinion, their covers are pretty impressive but they don't have many offerings.

madmumbler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
I'm no longer an Amira Press author (my contracts expired and I didn't renew) but they are a good, honest publisher. They are small, and they do have some niches, but editing was excellent, payment always timely, and never any problems. Small house, yes, but also a reliable one. Look at their catalog and current submission requirements to see if you'd be a good fit with them.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's been "down for maintenance" for a few days .... More concerning is last book pubbed 3/15, and FB ceased 7/15. Anyone have recent contact with them?