I'm a new aunt again (to TWINS!)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
My brother and his wife had their twins this morning. (about 6 weeks early). Baby Girl had stopped growing because her brother was a womb-hog apparently. The doctors decided to take them by c-section this morning because they felt they could do more for baby girl out of the womb than in. Both are doing fine. Crying like good little newborns.
Wyatt is 5 lb. 5 oz. and his sister Ashley (the first girl grandchild for my parents - the other 8 are boys) is a very tiny 3 lb. 14 oz.
Soon as I get pictures I'll share. They are in neo-natal and hopefully will continue to do fine.
My brother said that Ashely was crying so hard, and when her brother was laid next to her, he put his arm around her she stopped crying right away. they are used to be all smooshed up together apparently.

(If you are the praying kind, please keep them in your prayers until we get out of the critical time for premies.)

Last edited:

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. That's so sweet about her stopping crying when her brother was placed next to her.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
How wonderful! I'm so glad they were born at a healthy weight (even thought baby girl's a wee bit small). My friend had the same situation with her twins. Baby girl had no room to grow because baby boy was all stretched out! They're 9 now and perfectly fine.

Congratulations to your family. I hope the babes come home soon.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awww! That's wonderful!! Congrats to you and the new parents :)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all!

Of course, right away, all of us having just boys for all these years, my sister-in-law, sister and I are delighted to be able to buy girl clothes for a change!
Itty-bitty girl clothes! aawww...

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Stew21 said:
Thank you all!

Of course, right away, all of us having just boys for all these years, my sister-in-law, sister and I are delighted to be able to buy girl clothes for a change!
Itty-bitty girl clothes! aawww...

My MIL felt the same way. She had two boys, then had two grandsons when my daughter came along. Tessa weighed five pounds, seven ounces, so bigger than your niece, but still the clothes were tiny.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Trish, congrats! When my twinkies were born, they were snugglers too. I'd lay them on opposite ends of the crib to sleep, and when they woke up later, they'd be all mooshed up next to one another, like little fat magnets. I remember times when Zachary would wake up screaming at the top of his lungs, his face right next to Breanna's, and she'd sleep through the whole thing.

Sending good vibes out for you and your twinklets :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Many congrats, Trish & family and so praying for them to be healthy & happy. That is so touching too about the brother holding her and she stopped crying. :Hug2:

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, I bet they're precious. Will pray for a healthy start.
Congrats!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful news Trish! Here's wishing the whole family the best of everything life has to offer.

Just don't forget to invite any bad fairies to the christening.
:e2fairy:

Last edited:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Congrats Stew and family!

That's so sweet. I just love the way twins cuddle. Did anyone watch In the Womb: Multiples?

They are a pretty good weight for being multiples, and the NICU care is great these days, so all should be well.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats. Sounds like they are in good hands. Putting newborn multiples in together is the way to go. Sending prayers for Ashley and her family.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Have you spotted the evil one, yet?

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Well considering the boy was hogging all the room (womb? hehheh) I would say he is the evil one. :D

Last edited: