• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Writers Readers / Nothing Binding (Jerry Simmons)

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Any more details? Is this person an agent, editor, or what? Is there a webpage? The more information you can provide, the more likely someone could actually help you.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
He's a retired, long-time sales rep/sales manager for Time Warner who offers consulting services and also seems to make a lot of material available for free on his website. At a glance, it looks like there's some good stuff there.

- Victoria

priceless1

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.behlerpublications.com
Jerry's a personal friend of mine, so I'm hardly unbiased. He's a good guy, as honest is the day is long, and truly cares about helping new writers. I've heard him speak and can attest to his inside knowledge of the publishing industry. His focus over the years has shifted from talking to the author who has been pubbed by the large houses to those who are in the learning phase.

klnappier

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KLNappier.com
many thanks, everyone, for your input. Very sorry for the looooong delay in getting back. Poor planning on my part is to blame, along with -the most embarassing part- forgetting how to get back to Absolute Write and the Water Cooler. Long story, too boring. In any case, as soon as I get my act together I intend to get more involved with AW ... in particular, the Cooler threads. For a while now, I've been searching the many boards that are out there these days and AW looks like one of the best.

Kathy

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As of this year, WritersReaders now home to Simmons' "blurb marketing" scheme.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
In Dec '14, Writer Readers became Just Announced Book Promotions, but expired in '16 (domain currently SEO "blog"). Nothing Binding site is mostly 404, with last activity back in '13. Tw & FB also gone.