About.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and applied for Arts and Crafts business guide.

I applied for a topic in another one of my areas of expertise 07, but my heart wasn't in it.

I believe the difference this time is that the topic seems custom-ordered for me. Please wish me luck!

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I checked out the site yesterday and found another topic to apply for. I just don't know if my heart will truly be in it. I've been so exhausted the last few weeks that I haven't been writing much. sigh!

Nancy

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a message that they already have a group in training for my topic. Cr--! I was perfect. But I suppose that's what they all say...

blueobsidian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writersblocks.blogspot.com
Looks like the topic I applied to went into prep without me as well. I actually feel like this is the best thing for me right now -- I have so much on my plate that I'm not sure I could give prep my best effort right now (or launching the site, for that matter). It would have been a terrific topic, but bad timing.

Marcelyn

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, are you guys flea market and yard sale nuts too? I noticed that topic when into prep. I guess I'm trying to figure out if there's a pattern such as this week they choose A-F topics and so on. My favorite topic is down the list so my fingers are still crossed. Also, I'm wondering if there's a pattern as to how often prep groups are created and if they start on a certain day. Can you tell I'm tired of checking my inbox? Anyway, I'm reading through the thread and enjoying it a ton. Thanks for all the great info.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I just applied to be the Salt Lake City guide. Who knows what will happen. It took me one heck of a long time to get a sample together as I had to switch from my HR mode for the examiner to being a guide for my city. BUT I actually had fun so and if I get accepted and make it through the prep program the pay is very nice.

So here's crossing my fingers for all of us.

Reaction score
Columbus, Ohio

I know there were a couple of people here hoping that About.com was going to have a guide opening for Columbus, OH. I was doing my daily search over there for appropriate topics for myself and saw that they just added one for Columbus. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Chris, you are such a doll. He let me know about the Salt Lake City position before he even posted a single word on the forum. I think he's a keeper, people! :)

*really Chris...don't be frightened* We'll feed and water ya, daily! I promise. ;)

Crystal Lewis

Courageous Dreamer
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning! Columbus, Ohio has been there for quite some time. I applied for it during the first week of February. No word yet, though.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Crystal -- the previous Guide for Columbus has been gone for a while. My understanding is that they're still waiting to get more applicants for Prep.

Marcelyn

Registered
Reaction score
Well, at least you're coming up on the eight week mark. You'll probably hear something soon. I applied two weeks ago and am in knots. Single-track minds can be such a curse. Oh well, maybe they'll start some groups this week and we'll have some news to report.

Good luck to everyone waiting, and I hope you're less stressed than I've managed to be.

Nancy

Registered
Reaction score
Eric from About used to pop in here once in awhile and share some inside info. I wish their process was a bit more transparent. Not details about who they hire, but maybe more info about vacancies, etc.

I'm dreaming, right?

Marcelyn

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd give anything to know the schedule for prep groups, what days they're likely to send out notifications, and if they do new groups each week. I'm just not the patient type. Okay, I'm off to find some distraction.

MrAlex'sMommy

Registered
Reaction score
Any word on the most wanted topics? :)

I also applied just about 8 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything yet. The topic hasn't gone into prep since I applied. I sent off an application for a different topic last week (I think?), so the waiting begins again! :D

MrAlex'sMommy

Registered
Reaction score
Aww, too bad. I have the feeling that in this economy, nothing is "most wanted."

Well, good luck to all who are waiting to hear back from About!

MamaLou

Banned
Reaction score
Michelle -

Just a fast question... What's the story behind:

"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such medical films as 'Alice Doesn't Live Anymore' and 'Mommy, What's Wrong With That Man's Face?"

I'm just askin'! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.