Read books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Books to read

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

If anyone is interested in Lacan, then please go through the book "How to read Lacan" by Slavoj Zizek. Excellent book for the beginners

This is a good list - I've added a couple to my TBR list already. Thanks.

If I may, I'd also like to add Gayatri Spivak's A Critique of Postcolonial Reason and Derrida's Specters of Marx.
    It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
    - Ernest Hemingway

figuring it all out
    Quote Originally Posted by sunandshadow View Post
    Interesting book I just read, The Midnight Disease by Alice W. Flaherty. About the drive to write, writer's block, hypergraphia, temporal lobe epilepsy, and bipolar disorder.
    Anyone else read this book?

Bloomington, Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    For a short, readable and not too jargon-laden introduction to literary /critical theory:

Eagleton, Terry. Literary Theory: An Introduction. University of Minnesota Press; 2nd edition (November 1996).
    I read this last summer before applying to graduate schools. I liked it! Eagleton's hilarious (and I mean that in the best way possible).

For my recommendation, I recommend Unsuspected Eloquence by James Anderson Winn. It's a pretty detailed and well-researched book about the relations between poetry and music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12