AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Wilshire Literary Agency

Wilshire Literary Agency

I came across Robert J. Sawyer's list of SFF literary agents which lists Wilshire Literary Agency, Cape Cod, MA. I can't find any other information about this agency. Has anyone heard anything about them?
    Eggplant Literary Productions,
    A small electronic speculative fiction publisher.

Absolutely Fazed
    I found an agent: Carol McCleary, but I haven't found anything of substance so far.

Correction: I found a couple of Amazon listings that have her name in the Publishers Weekly description. I don't understand what it means, exactly; if that's pointing out that she is the agent who repped those books, or what.

Maybe that'll help someone get started.
    Last edited by DeadlyAccurate; 01-11-2007 at 10:01 AM.

Ooooh, thanks. That's helpful.

Procrastination is its own reward K1P1's Avatar
    Preditors and Editors lists this agency with an address for contact, but no comments for or against.

20 Barristers Walk
    Dennis, MA 02638

P&E also lists Carol McCleary as a literary agent with Wilshire Literary Agency.

There's also a small bit of info about them at this web site: http://www.sfwriter.com/agent.htm
    And this site http://amsaw.org/amsaw-1205GEWLie-LiteraryAgents.html provides an e-mail address of wilshire@capecod.net for Carol McCleary.

www.allpages.com has a Yellow Pages listing for them with phone (508) 385-5200.

Finally, a search for "Carol McCleary" in Books at Amazon.com turns up 19 books that mention her name.
    Last edited by K1P1; 01-11-2007 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks K1P1. I'd found the Preditors and Editors listing and Amsaw site. I wanted something more than just "here be an agent, arr!" I hadn't even thought of plugging her name into an Amazon search. That's really helpful. At least now I have a better idea of what she's represented.

Procrastination is its own reward K1P1's Avatar
    You're quite welcome. You can also use Google Book Search. It works best if you put in the word agent as well as her name.

Any recent info on this agent? I see one deal on 12/08 listed in PM, nothing in AQ or QT. No website. Nadda.

practical experience, FTW rebobinar's Avatar
    I saw a bunch of things for her in Google Books, but nothing more recent than 2007. Unless I'm searching wrong. I do see a deal from her in PM in Dec 2008. But then I saw this blog post that refers to her as a "former agent" http://readingthepast.blogspot.com/2...new-deals.html

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    As far as I can tell, the sale in Dec '08 to Tor/Forge is her own book. Since her website makes no mention of the agency, I'd say she's retired to focus on her own writing.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: