• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Writing Wise / Writingwise.com

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
Shelagh apparently has a new project: www.writingwise.com

I found this
In consideration of being allowed to use the Forums/Chat Room faclities provided by Writing Wise, User agrees that User will not: ...
b. Post material that is copyrighted, unless User is the copyright owner or has the permission of the copyright owner to post it.
on her User Agreement, but www.copyscape.com found the original source of the articles on the website.

Apparently, Shelagh's idea of a website is wholesale IP theft. She apparently thinks she can add value to www.ezinearticles.com by reposting their articles to her own domain.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
The one I googled, Yuwanda Black's article, had this addendum:
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica] May be reprinted with inclusion of the following: ©2000-2050, Yuwanda Black. InkwellEditorial.com THE business portal for and about the editorial and creative industries. First-hand freelance success stories, e-courses, job postings, resume tips, advice on the business of freelancing, and more![/FONT]
which was included in the following form:
Yuwanda Black is the publisher of InkwellEditorial.com: THE business portal for and about the editorial and creative industries. First-hand freelance success stories, e-courses, job postings, resume tips, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Launch a writing career in 30 days or less -- guaranteed! Log on to learn how.
So I suppose that's legit, but I haven't checked them all.
Didn't writingwise used to belong to Dreamwhosit and Jeff and Sheila was just a member? Or am I thinking of some really similarly named website?
-Barbara

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
No, you're correct. Stephanie Courdray's site. The Wayback Machine shows the last update in April of 2005, so I think that the robots.txt file's been modified.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Stephanie gave WW to Shelagh in June '06, during The Troubles. Site and forum have been closed for "revamping" since May '07.