Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Writing Wise / Writingwise.com

practical experience, FTW LloydBrown's Avatar

Writing Wise / Writingwise.com

Shelagh apparently has a new project: www.writingwise.com

I found this
    In consideration of being allowed to use the Forums/Chat Room faclities provided by Writing Wise, User agrees that User will not: ...
    b. Post material that is copyrighted, unless User is the copyright owner or has the permission of the copyright owner to post it.
    on her User Agreement, but www.copyscape.com found the original source of the articles on the website.

Apparently, Shelagh's idea of a website is wholesale IP theft. She apparently thinks she can add value to www.ezinearticles.com by reposting their articles to her own domain.
    Lloyd Brown
    www.lloydwrites.com

The one I googled, Yuwanda Black's article, had this addendum:
    May be reprinted with inclusion of the following: 2000-2050, Yuwanda Black. InkwellEditorial.com THE business portal for and about the editorial and creative industries. First-hand freelance success stories, e-courses, job postings, resume tips, advice on the business of freelancing, and more!
    which was included in the following form:
    Yuwanda Black is the publisher of InkwellEditorial.com: THE business portal for and about the editorial and creative industries. First-hand freelance success stories, e-courses, job postings, resume tips, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Launch a writing career in 30 days or less -- guaranteed! Log on to learn how.
    So I suppose that's legit, but I haven't checked them all.
    Didn't writingwise used to belong to Dreamwhosit and Jeff and Sheila was just a member? Or am I thinking of some really similarly named website?
    -Barbara
    will crit for rep points
    "Your commas are pretty good." TNH
    okay, I have a blog

And now, back to Plodding! Duncan J Macdonald's Avatar
    No, you're correct. Stephanie Courdray's site. The Wayback Machine shows the last update in April of 2005, so I think that the robots.txt file's been modified.
    R/
    Hamster #164

practical experience, FTW LloydBrown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by batgirl
    The one I googled, Yuwanda Black's article, had this addendum:
    Yes, that's the only one I've found that allows reprints. The others do not.
    Lloyd Brown
    www.lloydwrites.com

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Stephanie gave WW to Shelagh in June '06, during The Troubles. Site and forum have been closed for "revamping" since May '07.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: