The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Gawker's Hall of Shame

wishes you happiness JennaGlatzer's Avatar

Gawker's Hall of Shame

Gawker is starting a "Hall of Shame" for magazines and newspapers that don't pay their writers (or take a long time to pay up). So far they've mentioned New York Observer and The Player. See here for the posts: http://www.gawker.com/news/hall-of-shame/

They're looking for tips. I've already sent them links to threads here about True Confessions, True Love, Hooters Magazine, Northern Cards, and Girl's Life. If you have others, send 'em over to Gawker (and please post about them here, too, to let other writers know about your experiences).
    I am no longer here. If you'd like to visit me, please find me at www.jennaglatzer.com or on Facebook. Thanks!

What happened to my LIFE?!
    Such things are always welcome, most especially by non-fiction only writers. The more the merrier, I say, and a good and necessary complement to the work done by the 'publishing police' () over at
    B & BC, W B & P & E...

I hope that Gawker maintain the effort, and certainly in the face of what might be possible legal pressure from the mentioned publications or publishers.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Just the one series, alas. Updating links: Hall of Shame Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, and some last words.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: